What’s on your Vmax Xmas list

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marauder03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi, Merry Christmas. I know Christmas isn’t all about gifts but I’m wondering what is on your Vmax Christmas list this year. I asked for highway pegs for my Gen 2 it’s really the only thing left on my mods list. I probably won’t get them but I asked. I hope everyone has a merry Christmas, I’m looking forward to seeing some family and having some good laughs and hopefully a good meal. I hope you enjoy your holiday as well! So what’s on your list? Merry Christmas

My wish list is to add a Gen 1 and a goldwing to the stable, how’s the wing ride? Has to be a frickin Cadillac! I’m good for about an hour on my Gen 2 after that I feel my age, I’ve never ridden a goldwing but I’m sure it’s a little more comfortable, lol

My wish list is to add a Gen 1 and a goldwing to the stable, how’s the wing ride? Has to be a frickin Cadillac! I’m good for about an hour on my Gen 2 after that I feel my age, I’ve never ridden a goldwing but I’m sure it’s a little more comfortable, lol
Wing rides great and Handel's great for a big bike and has good power for what it is. It Handel's way better than a stock Gen 1 in my opinion

my vmax christmas list wish would have to be a 'buyer', but can't have one of those until I've got a new pick up coil

Thor has not placed anything on his Xmas list, but he has requested a new kidney for me. :)
Doug

My list
1. Plasti-chrome carb cover (to save me repairing the broken lug again.
2. Left radiator cover (had to repair mine)
3. Hoping the pilot jets don't block up over winter thus avoiding the annual carb strip down.
4. Schuberth C4 pro carbon helmet.

Nothing urgent but nice to have.

Santa loves Vmax gifts. My 2010 got the tuning fork scoop emblems. My 85 got 3 new shift forks and hardened back cut trans gear set. Happy holidays to all!

Attachments

• 966A78B3-7406-4867-B702-868CEAF99308.jpeg
    966A78B3-7406-4867-B702-868CEAF99308.jpeg
    130.5 KB · Views: 17
  • CDF6E6F3-C72E-4159-B402-AD7B1EF401C8.jpeg
    CDF6E6F3-C72E-4159-B402-AD7B1EF401C8.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 16
  • DFCC4595-7C8D-4FE4-ADB4-50FE26BC8CED.jpeg
    DFCC4595-7C8D-4FE4-ADB4-50FE26BC8CED.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 77EF0567-4523-422B-8AE0-4CBA0309575B.jpeg
    77EF0567-4523-422B-8AE0-4CBA0309575B.jpeg
    284.8 KB · Views: 17
So far a wonderful Christmas! Haven’t received my highway pegs but I figured I’d ask, lol I was on Craigslist yesterday and found a gen3 Honda magna for sale, I know it’s not a Vmax but it is a V4 so please don’t hate. I don’t want to give away the price but it’s not much more than the pegs I asked for. It runs and has some extras and I’m pretty fired up about a new toy. If I could beat the guy up real good on the price, cause I hate paying full price I’ll jump on it. I’m not cheap! Just frugal;) hope your having a wonderful Christmas and I’ll keep you posted on my Xmas present to myself.

Ho Ho Ho...
there was no 3d printer on my wishlist. But my lady bought me somethign even better:
a '99 VMax!

I'll pick it up Mondays from Vienna. Now looking out for wider wheels front and rear - if possible used ones.
Congratulations on the impending arrival.

My opinion is the #1 improvement to be made on a Gen. 1 for handling improvements is switching to front and rear radial tires. While 15" radial motorcycle tires aren't unobtainable as they were in the past, you won't find any in a V speed rating (to 149 mph, coincidentally the max speed usually listed for a Gen. 1). If you find yourself above double-digit speeds then radial tires will improve the confidence you have in your bike's handling, especially on less-than perfect pavement, and on curves.

You should be looking for a 17" or 18" rear, something in a 5-1/2" rear will fit between the swingarm. Anything wider will require swingarm widening. 17" rear radial tire has more rubber choices, but will cost you top-end speed, the 18" rear radial tire is a bit-shorter height to the OEM rear wheel tire combo, but will not cost you as-much top end.

You can use a OEM front wheel with a radial tire, don't go wider than the OEM size if you aren't widening the wheel, in the radial tire you fit. It's not optimal, but it can work. A 3-1/2" wide front tire/wheel is what's suggested for a radial tire to 'spread' its beads properly.

I offer 17" and 18" X 5-1/2" rear wheels on OEM splined hubs, a bolt-on swap. The first is an 18" wheel with a new billet rim bolted to a machined OEM splined hub.

18 inch X 5 and one-half inch VMax wheel.jpg

The 17" has a used rim welded-on an OEM splined hub. It's less-expensive.

Vmax Wheel rear 5.5 X 17 weld-up.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations on the impending arrival.

My opinion is the #1 improvement to be made on a Gen. 1 for handling improvements is switching to front and rear radial tires. While 15" radial motorcycle tires aren't unobtainable as they were in the past, you won't find any in a V speed rating (to 149 mph, coincidentally the max speed usually listed for a Gen. 1). If you find yourself above double-digit speeds then radial tires will improve the confidence you have in your bike's handling, especially on less-than perfect pavement, and on curves.

You should be looking for a 17" or 18" rear, something in a 5-1/2" rear will fit between the swingarm. Anything wider will require swingarm widening. 17" rear radial tire has more rubber choices, but will cost you top-end speed, the 18" rear radial tire is a bit-shorter height to the OEM rear wheel tire combo, but will not cost you as-much top end.

You can use a OEM front wheel with a radial tire, don't go wider than the OEM size if you aren't widening the wheel, in the radial tire you fit. It's not optimal, but it can work. A 3-1/2" wide front tire/wheel is what's suggested for a radial tire to 'spread' its beads properly.

I offer 17" and 18" X 5-1/2" rear wheels on OEM splined hubs, a bolt-on swap. The first is an 18" wheel with a new billet rim bolted to a machined OEM splined hub.

View attachment 81809

The 17" has a used rim welded-on an OEM splined hub. It's less-expensive.

View attachment 81810
Oh that sounds superb to me, I read about the FJR conversion - but if you could sell me that - it would be more than great (if affordable).
Could you kindly of me the 17" rear one and a 3 1/2" front wheel? Alternatively could you tell me the price for the 18" rear one please?
I love to read what you are writing and suggesting.

Latest posts

Back