What are these engine brackets ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

02GF74

Reaction score
Anybody recognise the alloy (?) engine brackets on this bike?

Appear to be 3 piece that replace the original steel triangles.

There is a name cast/machined/stamped but is too small for me to read.

Screenshot_20210903-210414.jpg

That must be the quickest response to a post ever

I've sent a message to the advertiser.

I like the way they break up the mass of black at the front, I suspect they are cosmetic rather than functional.

A close-up, please.

Is your bike a Canadian model?

Last edited:
I bought a few bikes for that money.
83 GoldWing $375
77 GoldWing $100
95(?) Vulcan 1500 $500
08 Suzuku GS(?)650 $350
💪

I bought a few bikes for that money.
83 GoldWing $375
77 GoldWing $100
95(?) Vulcan 1500 $500
08 Suzuku GS(?)650 $350
💪
I'm not seeing much in the list to brag about? Your Vmax for $100 I think is a far better deal then any in that list every will be.

I'm not seeing much in the list to brag about? Your Vmax for $100 I think is a far better deal then any in that list every will be.
My point was, bike was better than bracket (for me)

Some (most) of us are willing to spend a little more to not only have a nice appearing bike (which $100 will not buy you), as well as a good performing and handling bike. You can sometimes get cheap and have one of those but usually both do not go together on a cheap or limited budget. The frame braces add more cosmetic bling them pure handling upgrade and helps you set off your bike from the rest. OR, you can get one that is really nasty looking to set it off from the rest.

Sort of like not taking a shower for 6 months. You're going to gain attention but not in a positive way. But, if that is your way or being cheap by saving soap then that's your option.

Dang Sean. Go ahead, bust my bubble. For years I have been swearing to myself that the frame braces made a difference. This is the second bike I’ve had them on that the placebo effect must’ve gotten to me.

But they dang sure do look good!

Last edited:
Dang Sean. Go ahead, but my bubble. For years I have been swearing to myself that the frame braces made a difference. This is the second bike I’ve had them on that the placebo effect must’ve gotten to me.

But they dang sure do look good!
The clarify. The frame braces that cross from the lower engine mounting location to the rear frame do work. These that are in the front and only cross from front mount to front mount are not going to give a huge gain in flex reduction.

I did those when I lived in Japan as well. They also sold an additional "L" bracket that became a rear motor mount that linked or went from the rider's foot peg bolts to the rear or under side of the motor. Those, the Front Frame Braces, frame strengthening gussets, reinforced swing arm all made a tremendous difference in the feel of my bike at the end. Many friends who did it said they could feel a difference in handling, but they did multiple changes that made a difference as well. One friend told me it was the best money he ever spent and it fixed his handle bar vibrations at high speed but I think that was a rare testament. Then again, I never rode his bike so I really cannot say.

It's difficult to see the frame brace on the last picture but he said it made a difference. One friend also told me that it only felt like the motor had less vibration, but no change in the handling. But then when he added the frame brace in the middle of the entire frame, it seemed to off-set the two and it felt good and made cornering much better. Just remember, when you strengthen one place, it makes another place weak. But one change by itself rarely made that "wow, it fixed" the peculiar handling issues of the Gen 1. That one friend telling me it fixed all his issues had to be an "exception to the policy."

Sean is right, all these things take money and a lot of it.

Attachments

• Chrome V-Max Center Stand and Radiator Cover.jpg
    Chrome V-Max Center Stand and Radiator Cover.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Over Racing 1.jpg
    Over Racing 1.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Over Racing 3.jpg
    Over Racing 3.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Over Racing 2.jpg
    Over Racing 2.jpg