What Color Is My VMax???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil-3446

Reaction score
Hey Gang...

After much debate, the exact color name for my paint has still not been found!

Some (Chris AKA 4Gasem) suggested that I actually get him finished and outside, so, the camera flash doesn't wash the color out...so I did.

Kloker has started calling him "Barney Purple", while Chris calls him "Periwinkle"!

So which is it??? Do I need to rename him Barney or Perry from just plain Max???

Reality:

The 8 rattle cans I ordered from Duplicolor all say it's Purple Passion base coat (Part # EDA 1688), and Crystal Clear top coat (Part # DA 1692)!

The paint is so shiny and wet looking, that is is hard to tell at different angles, it's almost like cameleon paint. Sometimes he looks very deep purple, and sometimes he almost leans towards UK Blue.

This all started as a bet with a friend who's cars I have painted in the past. He bet me that I could not make the tins on Max shine with the rattle cans he chose, just like my normal paint work, or, he would buy all the products from HOK for me to do a complete car job.

Beats the heck out of firing up the HVLP guns, mixing the reducer, and guessing the spray day temperature/humidity. Needless to say, I have a new HOK system of my choice to pick out :worthy:.

Just goes to show that surface prep, color/wet sanding, rubbing/polishing are 95% of the job, and that product is about 5%.

I've been shooting paint for almost 24 years off and on. Been through lacquer, Imron, enamel, acrylic enamel, and now the BC/CC stages. If anyone has any questions, I would be glad to help give you the tips needed to do this.

And now you know why I painted my Max this Gawd awful color during such a serious time! Funny thing is, this color is kind of growing on me! :biglaugh:

Attachments

• BarneyMax_01.jpg
    BarneyMax_01.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 18
  • BarneyMax_02.jpg
    BarneyMax_02.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 36
  • BarneyMax_03.jpg
    BarneyMax_03.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 22
  • BarneyMax_04.jpg
    BarneyMax_04.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 43
  • BarneyMax_05.jpg
    BarneyMax_05.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 59
PRINCE PURPLE!!!!!

prince_purple_rain.jpg

cmon man if your so good at painting and your getting your new paint equipment bite the bullet and pain that thing another color i think its a beautiful bike with a nasty color on it and has a lot of potential

I stick by my previous suggestion... lol

You know... It's not all bad. I say keep it!:eusa_dance:

Back