What color is this?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lawman504

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would love to know what color this is. I saw this bike on craigslist and almost bought it when I bought mine but the seller didn't seem interested in my going to look at it. Anyway, I love the color. Anybody have any ideas?

ry%3D480

Looks like that copper color that has been on some GM cars lately. Similar to my color except not near as much metallic.

Copper is what I was thinking too m-cman. I sent the guy a message and asked what the paint color code is because in the ad he says he had it custom painted. He wont respond to anything.

Copper was going to be my guess.

Here's my closest colors we've done.
Grabber Orange
Citrus Orange (very intense color)
Copper Explosion

Attachments

• new_vmax_001.jpg
    new_vmax_001.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 2012-11-06_16-54-45_851.jpg
    2012-11-06_16-54-45_851.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 45
  • Copper Body Set.jpg
    Copper Body Set.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 48
I don't know if I have a specific name for it since it was a custom mix. Very intense. Sadly this set was damaged in shipping and it became the middle picture. Here's more of that same set before we shipped (the first time).

Attachments

• Copper Faux Tank.jpg
    Copper Faux Tank.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Copper Scoops and Side Covers.jpg
    Copper Scoops and Side Covers.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Copper Sparkles.jpg
    Copper Sparkles.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 31
I will have to look if I ever get home I painted a Harley very close to this believe it was called copper pearl but different brand paints might have different names. I have pics on my old PC

I looked up that z-28. What a good lookin color on that car

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I bought it used, from another firefighter, it had a shift kit & a mild cam. When it wound-out & shifted, it always made me smile broadly. It had the stock Z-28 wheels which I think were one of the best designs ever to come out of GM, right up there w/early '50's Olds Fiesta hubcaps, '60's Rally wheels on the musclecars, and the '60's Pontiac full-size aluminum integrated brake drum & wheel system.

I repainted it after I bought it, stock, & it had a few minor things that needed attention, but it was a very clean, stock-appearing car which didn't demand constant fiddling. I eventually bought a '80's Fox-bodied Mustang GT which handled a lot better & was more-fun to drive because it was smaller & lighter, & had a 5 speed. For awhile I had the GT and the Z-28 in-front of the house together, and it was always fun to decide, "which do I drive today?"

I always thought that would be a good color for a bike. It was a metallic, but I never changed the color of any of my bikes, I do have a spare set of tins...:hmmm:

I like the color of my bike now, but i think the faux cover has been repainted. It doesnt quite match the fenders in sunlighg. And as much as it looks like the original color of an 85, nobody can quite tell me. It also has some scratches and chips in it that draw my attention everytime i look at it. So i figured if i "have" to paint it, may as well be what i want rather than just a re-coat of whats already on there. If i ever buy a spare set, i would try to get them painted the original maroonish looking color.

We've done a gold set too (seen on our Blower bike). Don't have pics to link to at the moment but they can be seen in our facebook albums.

Awesome Sean. A little off topic here but i gotta a question for ya......with all the different stuff you are in to out there, how do you have time to do anything else? Lol. Everything anybody ever needs it seems like you have the answers. :cool: Thanks for your help on everything buddy.

I think EJ Potter, the "MI Madman," who raced a bunch of V8 bikes on the dragstrips for years, and who recently died, used to name his bikes "Nemesis."

Awesome Sean. A little off topic here but i gotta a question for ya......with all the different stuff you are in to out there, how do you have time to do anything else? Lol. Everything anybody ever needs it seems like you have the answers. :cool: Thanks for your help on everything buddy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 11
Back