What could have happened under 'stand your ground?'

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
What would you do? You awaken at 2:30 AM to find 7 people in your bedroom where you are sleeping with several of your young children.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/08/17/4294868/ray-allen-attorney-police-characterization.html

Do you:
  • offer to cook them breakfast
  • offer to share your bed with them
  • allow them to take whatever they can carry-away
  • use whatever means you have available to defend your family from the intruders

Who these adults (who were in the home uninvited) are, are criminals who are lucky the homeowner didn't use 'the castle doctrine' to defend his family.

What would you do? You awaken at 2:30 AM to find 7 people in your bedroom where you are sleeping with several of your young children.

Do you:
  • offer to cook them breakfast
  • offer to share your bed with them
  • allow them to take whatever they can carry-away
  • use whatever means you have available to defend your family from the intruders

None of the above.....apparently you are required to sit these individuals down and determine what their 'intent' is....

"..................ummmm, excuse me, I'm sorry to bother you but under Florida law I'm required to ask what your intent might be for entering my home and bedroom in the middle of the night......." :blink000:

I don't think I agree with that approach! :eusa_snooty:

Shoot first then let the police come clean it up. Castle doctrine, you don't need to know their actual intent. The fact they are on your house is sufficient for assuming a deadly threat.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

“Law enforcement officers are not permitted by Florida law to make an arrest for a trespass of this nature unless the crime occurs in their presence,”

I've had this statement made to me a number of times by several Florida Law Enforcement Organizations. I tell them flat out to go back to the Doughnut Shop and I'll take care of it myself. And, I Have..... Trouble is that when all is said and done, the perpetrators almost always move away. So I've had to constantly train the new ones that move in.:confused2: Now there are so many open houses around here due to the housing market, crime is at an all time low in my neighborhood. No More Fun.....:clapping:

I have a collection of Knives, Flashlights, one Taser and other items taken from the offenders.

The comments which follow the article are interesting, particularly those pertaining to "playing the race card".
If the conjecture is true - that all the kids were white and from rich families, and breaking into a black family's home - so the event was characterized as a "harmless prank, no malicious intent":rofl_200:
So how would the incident be summarized by the police if it had been 7 black youths, entering the home of rich white folks?
- still just a harmless prank, and no charges pending:ummm:

In the late 70's,in the next town over from me. A teenager, known to be high on drugs most of his waking moments, walked into a next door neighbors home without knocking. Why is a mystery, but a full blown party was going on at the soon to be buried teenager's house. That was the last time Mr McCullough, of chainsaw fame, ever entered a dwelling unannounced. He met his demise quickly from the armed citizens shotgun, that killed him dead, on the spot. The neighbor was not charged. I knew the brothers a little (McCullough) as a couple of arrogant rich kids that did and said anything they pleased, until that day at least, for one of them.

Latest posts

Back