What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3 coats of clear later. It lightened up a lot. And I DO like the look of the polished scoops.

clear%20002_zpsovpipddi.jpg

I Like it.
I just recently painted my Vmax Green as well.

Attachments

• Right-Side-view-with-Gen-2.jpg
    Right-Side-view-with-Gen-2.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 29
I Like it.
I just recently painted my Vmax Green as well.

holy crap, your bike looks identical to mine. But....... The paint job looked fantastic in the shop, but when I took it outside in the sun light, it looked AWFULL !! ......seems some one added a bunch of "purple pearl" in the paint that you couldn't see until it was in the Direct sun light. You can imagine the color CLASH when the sun hit it...arrrggg. Purple & green don't mix.
Sooooo,.....I took the bike apart again & sanded all my hard work off !! I just finished RE-painting it this morning. Its BOLD !! will post pics of the bike in about 3days when its all back together, and then you can comment on the new color. Hint...its a Nascar color "number#18 doublemint car.". I was un able to buy it "because of copy write", but my buddy at the paint shop figured it out and made it for me......after 1 hour of trial & error.

Please do post pics. That would be an interesting color on a vmax.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

Plasti-dipped my tank, installed my 150 mains, put on my carb vent hoses, and went for a nice little ride to test everything out. I might mess with my A/F screws, but everything seems at least better on the road at cruise and maintenance throttle. Not really any lag from 3-4k.

Also, my oxford grips are AWESOME!!! I had them on 50% for a while, but ended up on just 30% for most of the ride. What a great thing to have.

took my 05 out for ride (couldn't stand the redskin game anymore) and caught up to a busa we hitting speeds up to 130. I am betting he got a kick out of my antique custom plates (85 vmax ) that I borrowed from my 85'..

holy crap, your bike looks identical to mine. But....... The paint job looked fantastic in the shop, but when I took it outside in the sun light, it looked AWFULL !! ......seems some one added a bunch of "purple pearl" in the paint that you couldn't see until it was in the Direct sun light. You can imagine the color CLASH when the sun hit it...arrrggg. Purple & green don't mix.
Sooooo,.....I took the bike apart again & sanded all my hard work off !! I just finished RE-painting it this morning. Its BOLD !! will post pics of the bike in about 3days when its all back together, and then you can comment on the new color. Hint...its a Nascar color "number#18 doublemint car.". I was un able to buy it "because of copy write", but my buddy at the paint shop figured it out and made it for me......after 1 hour of trial & error.
That Sucks but I'm looking forward to seeing the new color when you get it back together.

So yesterday I replaced my starter clutch. I should of replace the 3 starter clutch bolts as they where a little stripped towards the very top of the bolts.

I zipped it all up and started her up and.....yep she gave about 3 cranks and
whurrrr.....whurr.... back to the drawing board. I regret not following Sean Morley's advice and replacing the sketchy bolts.:bang head:

So anyone know where I can obtain these three allens? what size? Are they special Yamaha bolts or do you guys just get them from the hardware store?

Also do you guys Loctite them before peaning? I appreciate any info.
Regards.

So yesterday I replaced my starter clutch. I should of replace the 3 starter clutch bolts as they where a little stripped towards the very top of the bolts.

I zipped it all up and started her up and.....yep she gave about 3 cranks and
whurrrr.....whurr.... back to the drawing board. I regret not following Sean Morley's advice and replacing the sketchy bolts.:bang head:

So anyone know where I can obtain these three allens? what size? Are they special Yamaha bolts or do you guys just get them from the hardware store?

Also do you guys Loctite them before peaning? I appreciate any info.
Regards.
Part number 11 in the microfiche here:
http://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/a/yam/500442faf8700209bc78ee33/starter-clutch

OR you can get them from Fastenal:
M8-1.25 x 14mm class 12.9 socket cap screw.

Over the weekend I installed new chrome/rubber grips, a UFO handlebar spacer (moves them up and back about 1 inch each direction), and a smaller LED taillight/license plate holder combo. Then I dropped a tool on my tank cover causing a small gouge. Doh!!!!:bang head:

It's minor, but annoying!!

The bike still looks better with the improvements, so it's still a win. :biglaugh:

I decided to begin the swingarm project on mine. The idea is to swap the standard swingarm with a 2007 Venture swingarm. So far I am still in tear down mode, but I have all winter....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447093932.832316.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Battery died... Ordered a ub12220 which is what I should have done last time. Figures when the weather decided to clear up my battery is dead. Oh well, at least I'll be riding again in a week.

got back from a camping trip, blew the dust off it, rode it ten miles, then 70 today, what a wonderful ride.

Back