What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put on a set of Carrozzerias and went for a ride. Now I know why everyone says radials are the way to go!

PB141664%202.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I am not the only one saying, "radials are the best." I believe it's the #1 most effective change you can make. Adding a set of very light wheels just enhances the benefits. Everything is changed for the better switching to radials, except for the blow to your wallet, but ya gotta pay to play.

Put my new battery in, ol' girl fired up with just a quick tap on the start button. :punk:

I think I am going to be a big fan of the ub12220, 420cca is hard to beat for $35.

I installed a new chrome waterpump cover, and sync the carbs..........again!!!!!!!!!! Gonna be installing a new 18" rear wheel with a 200 tire and chromed notched and braced swing arm in about 3 weeks.

Guess I'm behind schedule on posting.

This past weekend, took a trip out to Sean's place is wonderful KS.

Put on the infamous Carrozzeria wheels with Metzler ME880s. Installed the Ingitech unit. Swapped out a bad fuel sensor. Swapped out mains (went from 165s from PO to 147.5). Readjusted needles (from clip 5 to clip 3 (2nd and 4th from blunt end)). Bought some 6 piston Sumitomo calipers for the front. Next up, ordering Muscle Seat.

Guess I'm behind schedule on posting.

This past weekend, took a trip out to Sean's place is wonderful KS.

Put on the infamous Carrozzeria wheels with Metzler ME880s. Installed the Ingitech unit. Swapped out a bad fuel sensor. Swapped out mains (went from 165s from PO to 147.5). Readjusted needles (from clip 5 to clip 3 (2nd and 4th from blunt end)). Bought some 6 piston Sumitomo calipers for the front. Next up, ordering Muscle Seat.

Man... You left with a whole different bike:punk::punk:

Man... You left with a whole different bike[emoji14]unk:[emoji14]unk:
Yeah. Hence the reason for making the trip. Wanted to make sure it got done right.

And I thought I was fulfilling all of the monkeys needs, but Sean helped revitalize the monkeys list before I left. Haha. Just don't tell the wife.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Hey, very nice! Looks a lot like my 2002 with the wheels, radials, windshield (just put on last night) and silver color. Looks like a Kerker? I have my Cobras and headers off, putting on my Kerker last night and tonight.

I see you have the 6 pot calipers, do you have a stock master cylinder, or something else? I'm putting on 2003 R1 calipers, and wanting to have some adjustable levers.

Anyhow, great looking bike, excellent taste! lol

Put on a set of Carrozzerias and went for a ride. Now I know why everyone says radials are the way to go!

PB141664%202.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I have the fzr 1000/yzf 750 6 pot calipers. I currently run them with the stock master cylinder, wavey rotors, steel braided lines stock length. They stop amazingly well. I also have adjustable levers.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• user8061_pic8978_1396283860.jpg
    user8061_pic8978_1396283860.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 29
Just returned from the U.S. and brought some parts back to Hungary!
I got the flame grille (pictured below), Progressive springs, fork seals, massive thick fork brace, and a new coolant elbow with seals (lower front right).

DSCF3290_zpstqgwvmao.jpg

DSCF3287_zpssoh2uju2.jpg

DSCF3289_zpsgteujvk7.jpg

@BorgBiker,
If you read this you will find than the R1 calipers are actually worse than the 4 pot OEM calipers on your 2002 unless you change the master cylinder as well. http://www.vmaxoutlaw.com/tech/r1_caliper_conversion.htm

You'd be better off just using EBC HH pads on your stock calipers.

@ Lotsokids,
That looks great.
And I know you'll be a lot happier once the Progressive Springs and new fork brace are installed.

Hey, very nice! Looks a lot like my 2002 with the wheels, radials, windshield (just put on last night) and silver color. Looks like a Kerker? I have my Cobras and headers off, putting on my Kerker last night and tonight.

I see you have the 6 pot calipers, do you have a stock master cylinder, or something else? I'm putting on 2003 R1 calipers, and wanting to have some adjustable levers.

Anyhow, great looking bike, excellent taste! lol

Ha! When you said in a post about what you were doing to your bike so you would know which one was yours when you parked next to another Max made me smile. One of these days, our bikes may be parked next to each other! I've been to San Diego twice this year on my bike. Will do it again in the future!

Yes, that's a Kerker with 2.5 in. baffle. I have the 1.5 and a Kerker carbon can with 2 in. baffle. My favorite is the 2.5. Neighbor kids love how it rattles their windows!

The six pots are from a 94 FZR1000 with EBC HH pads. Stock master. Great feel. Oh, and adjustable levers.

You are the one with excellent taste in Bikes!

Noticed the last few starts of the max, during the cycling of the v boost servo, there was a momentary delay to complete a full cycle and a loud and hollow ploink. Thennn.... the v boost quit coming on line. Gotta start looking now, six months and three thousand miles later. Gonna disconnect the servo first and see if it cycles, if it does I am going to start pulling the carbs and manifold. The only place in the world a noise can come from like that is inside the v boost tube. Maybe the gates are stuck. Like wear on the throttle body plate in an auto. Anyone had this noise before?????? Still runs really well though, I was surprised.

Just returned from the U.S. and brought some parts back to Hungary!
I got the flame grille (pictured below), Progressive springs, fork seals, massive thick fork brace, and a new coolant elbow with seals (lower front right).

DSCF3290_zpstqgwvmao.jpg

DSCF3287_zpssoh2uju2.jpg

DSCF3289_zpsgteujvk7.jpg

WOW !!! who polished those Scoops ??? or are they chromed. Man they stand out !!

I have the fzr 1000/yzf 750 6 pot calipers. I currently run them with the stock master cylinder, wavey rotors, steel braided lines stock length. They stop amazingly well. I also have adjustable levers.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

Where/how do you get adjustable levers to run with our stock master cylinder? My understanding was needed the busa cylinders to get adjustables?

No. There's a thread on here that has a link for the eBay listing guys have been using to get adjustable levers for stock masters.

Back