What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well,not funny for you but you have to agreed that is funny lol

Then she tried to pick me up, she 'asked me out. She told the cop, "he's cute!" OK. She was quite a bit younger than me, & slim, but, 'no-thanks!' I'm married.

Thanks for sharing! Will try to hide mine more,i really want a minimal look on the back.
If you look close there is a Custom Dynamics brake light bar that flashes 3 times then goes solid brake light every time I touch the brakes, which I have made a habit of braking; 1 time for about 10 sec let off then continue braking as needed. I don't know if it really helps but it's plenty noticeable or so I am told.

If you look close there is a Custom Dynamics brake light bar that flashes 3 times then goes solid brake light every time I touch the brakes, which I have made a habit of braking; 1 time for about 10 sec let off then continue braking as needed. I don't know if it really helps but it's plenty noticeable or so I am told.
Isn't that company's name "Signal Dynamics"?

Changed the look a bit by installing an oem instrument cowl and replaced the oem back rest/rack with the stock grab bar. Not sure if i like it though. May have to put it back on.

Changed the look a bit by installing an oem instrument cowl and replaced the oem back rest/rack with the stock grab bar. Not sure if i like it though. May have to put it back on.

I think the 'meanest' look is the stock rear grab bar. The most-practical is the sissybar if you carry a passenger. The bike wheelies quickly if you carry a passenger, and they lean-against it.

I got one of Dobies rack and rests towards the end of production, love it. I like the appearance of the grab bar only but the convenience of a rack and rest wins out pretty quickly for me.

Dont the OEM rack and rests go for a pretty penny anymore?

Dont the OEM rack and rests go for a pretty penny anymore?
They werent cheap in 2000 either (lol). I would never part with it, i like the look with it. Maybe just used to seeing it on. It doesnt even look right to me with the m.c. cover on the bike. In fact i am about to email Sean about a seat and get it recovered also....just in case. Mod monkey showed up around here again.

Hi I am Don I live here in sunny mich, I had a real nice 2007 max I bought from Clay Mitchell super bike but some ass hole stole my cargo trailer with bike inside! COPS just dropped the ball. Well I picked up a 2005 barn find for a good price, but just ain't the same. I have been working with Sean since 2017 to have him build me a new classy max it is a 2007 frame up build so pretty soon I will have my brand new 2007 max. Maybe some of you have looked at my bike it is the DORER BUILD, check it out if you like.

Hi I am Don I live here in sunny mich, I had a real nice 2007 max I bought from Clay Mitchell super bike but some ass hole stole my cargo trailer with bike inside! COPS just dropped the ball. Well I picked up a 2005 barn find for a good price, but just ain't the same. I have been working with Sean since 2017 to have him build me a new classy max it is a 2007 frame up build so pretty soon I will have my brand new 2007 max. Maybe some of you have looked at my bike it is the DORER BUILD, check it out if you like.
I've seen some of the pictures, very sweet build my friend!

1. Visually verified V-Boost soleniod/cable operation at the proper RPM. (the prior owner did the T-Boost mod which I don't use)
2. Put my original instrument gauges back on the bike with a black faceplate.
3. Turned a pair of aluminum billet knobs for my Sunpro 5" tach to replace the stock plastic ones.
4. Synchronized the carbs.
5. Topped off the coolant.
6. Did some high speed runs to test V-Boost.

I just went for a ride. Due to medical issues, I can't take long rides but just a few minutes in the saddle makes me fall in love with the max all over again.

I just went for a ride. Due to medical issues, I can't take long rides but just a few minutes in the saddle makes me fall in love with the max all over again.

From your 'other bikes' list, I see you have a 650 Lightning BSA. I'm going to post a pic or two of my friend's Hornet, which was the scrambler offroad version of the Lightning.

This bike is a special-interest bike. My friend's parents were British and Spanish bike dealers in the 1960'-'70's, the Hornet was a new bike purchased through the dealership to race by one of the 5 brothers in western NY all-of whom raced for many years. As you can see, it has a bit of updating on it, but they have all the OEM parts to put it back into stock condition, if they wanted-to.

Anyone who's raced, there's nothing as-useless as last year's racebike, so after a season of use, the bike was sold for another bike.

Decades-later, the original owner tracked-down the bike, and bought it back. As he's a machinist, he was able to do whatever needed to be done to restore it to good operational condition. He knew it was his bike, because of the serial #, and the same engine, as they would add in an inconspicuous place some identifying stampings to both. The bike passed both these exams!

What's cool is that the family was featured in mid-1960's ads by BSA in motorcycle magazines: "buy and race BSA's and you can win like these racers!" And, the BSA Hornet in the ad is the same-one he located and bought-back decades-later!

I've mentioned this before, but it's a cool story, and bears re-telling. BSA.01.jpeg BSA.02.jpeg BSA Robinson ad.jpeg

The list of bikes was the progression I had over the year. The BSA was one of my favorites. I have fond memories of my hands smelling of gas due to having to press the ticklers on the carbs to get the gas flowing. Besides the max it had the most personality.

Worked on a set of body work for a customer and a set of old chevy wheels for a customer and a wheel and rotor for one of the tables I built.

Attachments

• 20190205_182701.jpg
    20190205_182701.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 20190205_182645.jpg
    20190205_182645.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 20190205_182543.jpg
    20190205_182543.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 13
Back