What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Installed 5 mounts in Christians 93 today. Continuing in the morning. I forgot how much fun It was. It's a good mod for the gen1's. I like the Delrin's I put in my 89. These are aluminum.

I knocked the winter crud off of her. She cleans up pretty good :)

20190508_194848.jpg

Made a functional air intake for the faux tank, unfortunately the wife's stainless coffee pot fitted the bill nicely.
She 'aint happy....:mad:

IMG_E3549.JPG
IMG_E3544.JPG IMG_E3548.JPG

Currently gained my height back with longer shocks in the rear, and those extensions I had mentioned in a thread before. Yay clearance

mabdcmb, that was my argument! (the doctor said the swelling will go down in time...)

Major surgery on the Gen2. Finally installed the L3K 6.6 gallon fuel tank. PITA is all I can say.

Installed new rubber front and back.

Installed the ST2 Smart Turn System. Love the self-cancelling turn signal. Can't believe that Gen 1 has it but Gen 2 doesn't.

Also installed the ST2 smart brake system. This activates your brake light (either flashing or steady) automatically upon deceleration.

Major surgery on the Gen2. Finally installed the L3K 6.6 gallon fuel tank. PITA is all I can say.

Installed new rubber front and back.

Installed the ST2 Smart Turn System. Love the self-cancelling turn signal. Can't believe that Gen 1 has it but Gen 2 doesn't.

Also installed the ST2 smart brake system. This activates your brake light (either flashing or steady) automatically upon deceleration.

My 1982 Virago has self cancelling turns. Wonder why they did away it on Gen 2s

I Installed chrome scoops from Sean...what other chrome do you guys put on your Max? Mine is an 86 and so far I've put on the scoops and the brake and clutch fluid covers. Is there such a thing as to much chrome?

I Installed chrome scoops from Sean...what other chrome do you guys put on your Max? Mine is an 86 and so far I've put on the scoops and the brake and clutch fluid covers. Is there such a thing as to much chrome?

Carb covers, Stator insert, water pump cover insert, clutch cover insert, valve covers, side covers (w/vmax logo), side plates on the cylinders, fork bottoms, wheels.
I can't afford all that but, you can go crazy with it. Sean has a long list of stuff to make you think about chroming.

https://www.vmaxforum.net/threads/muscle-chrome-exchange.7753/

Yep, lol.
What’s the details on that bag?[/QUOTE]

https://www.cyclegear.com/accessories/saddlemen-ftb1500-sport-sissy-bar-bag

I've got it zip tied to the luggage rack. Ties are rated for 110lbs each I've got three on it. It works great for what I use it for. It comes with straps, they will work if you put it on the rear seat, but I wanted to keep it open in case I have a rider. I had it on my gen 1. It comes with a high Viz, semi water repellant cover. The side pockets work great for drinks, won't stay cold long on hot days. I also put little S type caribeeners on the zippers so that can't come open on the road. I love it, low profile, does what I need to. X mas gift from my wife 2 years ago.

What’s the details on that bag?

https://www.cyclegear.com/accessories/saddlemen-ftb1500-sport-sissy-bar-bag

I've got it zip tied to the luggage rack. Ties are rated for 110lbs each I've got three on it. It works great for what I use it for. It comes with straps, they will work if you put it on the rear seat, but I wanted to keep it open in case I have a rider. I had it on my gen 1. It comes with a high Viz, semi water repellant cover. The side pockets work great for drinks, won't stay cold long on hot days. I also put little S type caribeeners on the zippers so that can't come open on the road. I love it, low profile, does what I need to. X mas gift from my wife 2 years ago.[/QUOTE]
Nice, great looking bike

I just put the FTB1000 on mine. Thought the 1500 would be too big looking. Didnt like it on the rack but can put it there quickly if i need to. Really like it so far. Think the size is a good fit and not too bulbus looking.20190519_153034.jpg

I just put the FTB1000 on mine. Thought the 1500 would be too big looking. Didnt like it on the rack but can put it there quickly if i need to. Really like it so far. Think the size is a good fit and not too bulbus looking.View attachment 69133

I used to use it as a back rest, when it was mounted on my 97 Max. I've been looking at these, or something similar.
https://www.cyclegear.com/accessories/sedici-t2-toscana-saddlebags
But I'm not sure how they will look.

Latest posts

Back