What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cleaned up the tail area today thanks to Sean! Still some tweaking to do just ran out of time.

Thanks a bunch Sean!!!

Before and After...

Attachments

• 20200920_160113.jpg
    20200920_160113.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 20200926_192653.jpg
    20200926_192653.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 22
Nice 80 degree day today.
So I took the wife. For a ride.100 miles of 2 lane country roads. Stopped at a state park. To enjoy the fall colors. Then home to fire up the grill.Yet another good day. To own a Vmax.

Max is in the shop getting an Akra mid-pipe in place of the cat. Here in Tulsa it was 85 so road about 50 miles on the Raider. Adding some additional or deeper scars to scrapes that were already there.

Attachments

• 20201011_142540.jpg
    20201011_142540.jpg
    317.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 20201011_142454.jpg
    20201011_142454.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 15
The day after I shot Youtube, I knocked down my bike by myself ... What a terrible day!

A memorable day and the worst day.

A82C91EF-7FFA-448A-9936-1F3DC9384EA5.JPG

have a nice ride all :-D

---

Cleaned up the tail area today thanks to Sean! Still some tweaking to do just ran out of time.

Thanks a bunch Sean!!!

Before and After...

Thanks a bunch Sean!!!

Before and After...
93B54F67-8316-4747-A149-617E5F1514C9.jpegYour bike looks a lot cleaner now from the rear. I went a step further with the license plate with bolt lights to illuminate it.

Surely that number plate is legal when leaning over in a right hand bend?

Yes Sir, it's good and legal in any bend here in the Commonwealth of VA. The big stipulation, of course, is that the plate must be illuminated to pass state inspection.
That depends on the officer that pulls you over. The law is ambiguous at best in many states including my state of Georgia. Here's Virginia's mounting stipulations:

1. So as to prevent the plate from swinging,

2. In a position to be clearly visible, and

3. In a condition to be clearly legible.

You can still be cited for improper mounting because when mounted sideways the plate is not "clearly legible" as the officer would have to turn his head sideways to read it.

It would also be impossible to read it if it were raining as the spray would in all likelihood completely obscure it vs. it's regular position.

People are cited for it all the time in many states. People who contest it almost always lose.

That depends on the officer that pulls you over. The law is ambiguous at best in many states including my state of Georgia. Here's Virginia's mounting stipulations:

1. So as to prevent the plate from swinging,

2. In a position to be clearly visible, and

3. In a condition to be clearly legible.

You can still be cited for improper mounting because when mounted sideways the plate is not "clearly legible" as the officer would have to turn his head sideways to read it.

It would also be impossible to read it if it were raining as the spray would in all likelihood completely obscure it vs. it's regular position.

People are cited for it all the time in many states. People who contest it almost always lose.
Thanks! I'll remember to always carry my badge then and hopefully be afforded professional courtesy. Of course, it always helps that one doesn't ride the streets like an idiot, just saying. I've run into a bunch of them both on and off duty. Thanks again and be safe out there!!!

I finally built up these rfy 11 1/2 shocks to handle the heft of the vmax. I am surprised at how well they improve the ride.
My progressives needed to be rebuilt so these will work in the meant time.

Attachments

• black shock vmax.jpg
    black shock vmax.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 36
I finally built up these rfy 11 1/2 shocks to handle the heft of the vmax. I am surprised at how well they improve the ride.
My progressives needed to be rebuilt so these will work in the meant time.
Can you elaborate on that? I've never seen anything like it. What is that big canister for?

Back