What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in Ohio, outside of Cleveland. Temperature was 27 degrees yesterday. If it goes up to 40 degrees with sun I will ride. I probably start my bike once a week during the winter, I want my neighbors to know I still have it, if they don’t like the Beautiful sound of a DW holeshot they can move. Today I’m going to polish it up.
My wife insisted that I roll it down the driveway and start it on the street when I leave for work at 5am after I put on a set of Supertrapps. Some folks just just don't appreciate the finer things in life! :D

Besides, that one deserves to be parted.

Not a fan of the mods:
1) color scheme
2) cheesy windowed clutch cover - too gimicky
3) clunky bar end mirrors
4) custom front and kept the factory rear turn signals - exact opposite would be better. With the forks forcing his hand, he should have done both.
5) headlight hood ugh
6) passenger floorboards???

I'm sure there's more I don't like about it, but I can't see it. Of course this is all my opinion, but he did almost everything wrong. (forks and brakes are a win)

Besides, that one deserves to be parted.

Not a fan of the mods:
1) color scheme
2) cheesy windowed clutch cover - too gimicky
3) clunky bar end mirrors
4) custom front and kept the factory rear turn signals - exact opposite would be better. With the forks forcing his hand, he should have done both.
5) headlight hood ugh
6) passenger floorboards???

I'm sure there's more I don't like about it, but I can't see it. Of course this is all my opinion, but he did almost everything wrong. (forks and brakes are a win)
I am not a fan of a few things but it is a nice bike. I actually like the paint but everyone likes something different. The bar end mirrors were made by Mario if you were around when he was they are good quality. The 1300 motor built by Damon with less than 5000 miles on it is a plus .

Er, uh...I could overlook a few styling miscues with a motor running and sounding like that. You'd have to carry a pretty good supply of Excedrin, though.

Sure would be easier to flip than part out, less trouble, but less margin. It does look better in the video than still photos.

Good luck with it.

Er, uh...I could overlook a few styling miscues with a motor running and sounding like that. You'd have to carry a pretty good supply of Excedrin, though.

Sure would be easier to flip than part out, less trouble, but less margin. It does look better in the video than still photos.

Good luck with it.
I have been parting them out for a long time ! Flipping is not easy unless you get them dead cheap. Over the last 20 years I have always made more money parting bikes out. I do not always like doing it but I have to make a living somehow

Latest posts

Back