What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a notice from DHL that my rear seat cowl from Magical Racing is finally on its way...only took four months.

Supply issues, I imagine. The world's economy is struggling.
They told me up front that it would be three months when I ordered it, so I can't complain. I did reach out to them at about the 3 month mark and they told me it was scheduled for end-of-April.

No issues with the time frame, as they did set the expectation ahead of time, and they were quick to update me when I asked. I wouldn't hesitate to order anything from them again.

They told me up front that it would be three months when I ordered it, so I can't complain. I did reach out to them at about the 3 month mark and they told me it was scheduled for end-of-April.

No issues with the time frame, as they did set the expectation ahead of time, and they were quick to update me when I asked. I wouldn't hesitate to order anything from them again.
I am looking at getting one when they are back in stock.
https://japan.webike.net/products/22756605.html

I am looking at getting one when they are back in stock.
https://japan.webike.net/products/22756605.html
Let me save you a whole bunch of hassle...they will never be 'back in stock' with Japan.Webike as they are built-to-order. I tried that route and even put in a parts request through the Japan.Webike website and their reply was the part "was not available from the manufacturer," so I e-mailed Magical Racing directly and they said they were still available but built as orders came in and they weren't 'stocked'.

I've tried to order a few other things through Japan.Webike from Over Racing and, since those items are also built to order with a 3+ month build time, have been told they aren't available either. I even placed an order for a swingarm, which showed on Japan.Webike's website only for them to come back two days later to tell me it wasn't available from Over Racing. So they had $1,000 of mine for a part they couldn't get...they refunded it pretty quickly but it was a pain-in-the-ass in the short term. It seems that with anything that might take longer than 3 months Japan.Webike either isn't willing to or just doesn't want to deal with the hassle of having the order hanging out there.

I contacted Over Racing directly and they can build the part however I would like and gave me the name of their US distributor, who is a good dude to deal with.

Nice part of ordering from Magical Racing directly is the part was cheaper by about $50 and they have free shipping, via DHL, on orders over a certain amount, which the rear seat cover was.

If you're willing to wait, and the wait will be longer than they tell you, it's about the only way you'll get it.

Let me save you a whole bunch of hassle...they will never be 'back in stock' with Japan.Webike as they are built-to-order. I tried that route and even put in a parts request through the Japan.Webike website and their reply was the part "was not available from the manufacturer," so I e-mailed Magical Racing directly and they said they were still available but built as orders came in and they weren't 'stocked'.

I've tried to order a few other things through Japan.Webike from Over Racing and, since those items are also built to order with a 3+ month build time, have been told they aren't available either. I even placed an order for a swingarm, which showed on Japan.Webike's website only for them to come back two days later to tell me it wasn't available from Over Racing. So they had $1,000 of mine for a part they couldn't get...they refunded it pretty quickly but it was a pain-in-the-ass in the short term. It seems that with anything that might take longer than 3 months Japan.Webike either isn't willing to or just doesn't want to deal with the hassle of having the order hanging out there.

I contacted Over Racing directly and they can build the part however I would like and gave me the name of their US distributor, who is a good dude to deal with.

Nice part of ordering from Magical Racing directly is the part was cheaper by about $50 and they have free shipping, via DHL, on orders over a certain amount, which the rear seat cover was.

If you're willing to wait, and the wait will be longer than they tell you, it's about the only way you'll get it.
Hey thanks for the heads up, almost ordered anyway before it stated Out of Stock. Then thought I should wait. I will try and contact Magical through email and get it ordered. Then wait, wait wait... Thanks again!

Hey thanks for the heads up, almost ordered anyway before it stated Out of Stock. Then thought I should wait. I will try and contact Magical through email and get it ordered. Then wait, wait wait... Thanks again!
E-mail address is [email protected] and you'll likely deal with Rick, who is great to work with and always pretty quick to reply.

Opened a box...

Magical Racing Box.jpg Magical Racing Tandem Seat Cover 1.jpg Magical Racing Tandem Seat Cover 2.jpg

Now to wait on paint for it from ColorRite...along with some paint for a Hayabusa and ZX-14R undertail that I've had laying around forever. Figure I might as well spray everything at once.

I leave the rubber donuts on the airbox and the VBoost, instead of the carburetors. I also remove the float bowl vent tubes, at the carbs.

Did you replace the screws, it doesn't look like it. Plated or SS allen heads look good and are easy to work-with. I always have parts on-hand before opening a new, used set of carburetors, including the T-molded rubber gas line, new jet block gaskets, and new needle valves.

Latest posts

Back