What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The inlet rubberis are on the airbox. I'm gonna have a think as to which is better: rubbers on carbs or on vboost?

There is now a special wooden batten labelled "vmax carb lever".

Didn't replace the screws as that gets you on the slippery slope of replacing all the fasteners although I did fit one Allen head screw to replace one of the screws holding the carbs to the bracket that was missing (either it dropped out or less likely I didn't replace it last time).

If you lose the carburetor enrichment lever rubber cap, you can substitute either a short length of small dia rubber tubing, or a vacuum cap, they come in various colors too.

Opened a box...

View attachment 76682 View attachment 76683 View attachment 76684

Now to wait on paint for it from ColorRite...along with some paint for a Hayabusa and ZX-14R undertail that I've had laying around forever. Figure I might as well spray everything at once.
Just ordered mine last night from Rick. Four months out so far. Cowl and shipping was $230, he said there was no free shipping since the virus??? Not sure whether to get mine painted or wrap it. What color is you Max?

Been working on '86 max that's been sitting for 11-12 years. I bought it in '86, sold it in '98 and just got it back a few weeks ago. So far, with the help of my son, changed/flushed all fluids, rebuilt brake calipers (they were binding), steel braided brake lines, brake pads (shipment delayed from BikeBandit), new filters, spark plugs, cleaned and flushed fuel tank, new battery. All electric systems seem to work fine. I was pleased to find that it will fire up on starting fluid but it will not keep running. Carb rebuild is next. From what came out of the float bowls the jets are certainly clogged. I'm sure I will be asking questions in the future. So thankful for this forum.IMG_0824.jpg

Been working on '86 max that's been sitting for 11-12 years. I bought it in '86, sold it in '98 and just got it back a few weeks ago. So far, with the help of my son, changed/flushed all fluids, rebuilt brake calipers (they were binding), steel braided brake lines, brake pads (shipment delayed from BikeBandit), new filters, spark plugs, cleaned and flushed fuel tank, new battery. All electric systems seem to work fine. I was pleased to find that it will fire up on starting fluid but it will not keep running. Carb rebuild is next. From what came out of the float bowls the jets are certainly clogged. I'm sure I will be asking questions in the future. So thankful for this forum.View attachment 76708
Picked up this 1985 Barn Find with 14,000 Miles a couple months ago:
DSC09564.JPG
Tires where new from 2016. Cracked and unsafe. Went to 120/90-18 Shinko 777 front and now waiting on the Shinko 777 170/90-15 (Correction made) to be installed this morning. Work in progress almost done.
6.JPG
Going up state to pickup a complete exhaust system that's supposed to be in excellent shape. Will have a few extra parts when done.

Last edited:
Just ordered mine last night from Rick. Four months out so far. Cowl and shipping was $230, he said there was no free shipping since the virus??? Not sure whether to get mine painted or wrap it. What color is you Max?
Four months is probably pretty accurate based upon what mine took and it sounds like you got the regular black FRP, which is what I got, and I paid the same $230 that you did, so may not be 'free shipping' but the price hasn't changed.

I've got an '09 so it's the Black Metallic M (SMM paint code).

Four months is probably pretty accurate based upon what mine took and it sounds like you got the regular black FRP, which is what I got, and I paid the same $230 that you did, so may not be 'free shipping' but the price hasn't changed.

I've got an '09 so it's the Black Metallic M (SMM paint code).
Yes I got the FRP, not into the carbon fiber look. Yeah sounds like we got the same deal for $230. Thanks again for the heads up or it's hard to tell if I would have ever ordered it. Mark

Sort of like these Tokico/Busa calipers and the front wheel spokes. I was surprised at how close they rode.
Yes, when we designed the kits some years ago we looked at a number of options. The wheel doesn't really flex so it doesn't have to keep an inch of clearance. For safety this mod by war has been the best upgrade we have come up with! Many happy customers.

Yes I got the FRP, not into the carbon fiber look. Yeah sounds like we got the same deal for $230. Thanks again for the heads up or it's hard to tell if I would have ever ordered it. Mark
I didn't want the carbon either as nothing on my bike is carbon and it seemed like a waste to pay the additional cost of the carbon only to turn around and paint it.

Glad I could help you out a little and save you the troubles I had in trying to go through Japan.Webike.

Latest posts

Back