What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

Yamaha Star V-Max VMAX Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

Fire-medic

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just looked at Pics of mine today. She's in the hospital getting a tank transplant. I'd go visit but I would just miss her more.
I bought a replacement OEM tank from the dealer for my bike, ad I had to wait a couple of months for it. This was awhile ago. Not having to deal with rust in the pilot jets anymore made the price worth-it.

Dansmaxresto

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went for a ride Sunday with my son who just bought a 2014 MV Augusta Rivale…800cc triple, 410 pounds wet. Of course we had to see which is faster. 2nd gear, 30mph through 4th gear for me. He hit 5th…Dead heat. I remember when nothing could stay with me except a Gixxer 1000. Oh well, I still like my Max waaaaay better. From a dead stop I think I would crush the MV as the thing wheelies like mad.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went for a ride Sunday with my son who just bought a 2014 MV Augusta Rivale…800cc triple, 410 pounds wet. Of course we had to see which is faster. 2nd gear, 30mph through 4th gear for me. He hit 5th…Dead heat. I remember when nothing could stay with me except a Gixxer 1000. Oh well, I still like my Max waaaaay better. From a dead stop I think I would crush the MV as the thing wheelies like mad.
Cycle World did a review of that MV Agusta: 2014 MV Agusta Rivale 800 Review | Cycle World They liked it.

1626803517253.png

Dansmaxresto

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that. It was fun but man is it a different experience. It does feel like your sitting over the front wheel. I couldn’t ride it everyday. It’s a “hypermotard” type. My son’s a motorcrosser so he loved it! I will admit the wail of the triple at 13,000rpm is intoxicating and addicting.

V-Four

Reaction score
Started sorting my birds nest of a wiring job (from previous owner, i only added a lil.) ;)

Finally painted her up proppa. So now im doin the cbr mod the "right way".
I never had a real inner fender bit, (i improvised back then to mount my old one). So, i got a real one. Cut and welded it to accept the NEW, NOT smoked light as a bolt in, rather than "hacked in."

O yea, and a new AVON front, and a "new" ( bout a mile?) Shinko 777 rear.

Big things FINALLY happening.

Heck yes.
20210728_121156.jpg
Rats nest.. better do do all the testung BEFORE assembly. ;)
(Fyi, lighting all sorted, and LEDs flash at proper rate (another luxury i never had.

Fender inner mock up..(yall seen this million times, so no details to bore ya.

20210724_144235.jpg

And the avon..lettering..lol.
20210722_182349.jpg

The CBR CLEAR taillight: (dont skimp and get cheap sh!t.. , my opinion anyway. Tho I do believe LEDs are a lil overpriced.).
20210724_144812.jpg

And...

One teaser:
20210728_133848.jpg

:)

Back to garage now.
This is very difficult on a friggin fone.

T$

Last edited:

Fire-medic

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That paint looks radioactive! It looks great, as-much as we see.

For many years, at the Indy 500, green was a 'bad luck' color. Back then, they didn't allow women in the pits either. Janet Guthrie, Lynn St. James, and Danica Patrick killed that one.