What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
to maleko89 yeah, the dogs were rounded off, i thought quite abit. Not having ridin it before as it was in pieces when I got it , it seemed best( expensive) to do that. But then everything V MAX is. The one thing I do not want to do is open it up again. the gear is $135 +or-. A new head gasket set can be $80. SO I figure it is $ well spent in the long run. Take care and the best to you in your repairs.

Removed the Lighthouse of a Tail light and the Flashers of the 747. Relocate Tail and Brake light where reflector was, raised the Plate, slapped a set of smaller Flashers and Added a Blue tented light to front side of the Fender Well so maybe the Knuckle head that wouldn't of seen me will see me now. Isla is her Name and she is a well respected Lady but Rode like she likes it kind of girl.........Resized_20211125_160438.jpeg

Just wonder what year Bike your riding? And I'm new to this Forum. Hell any Forum really..... call me a Back Country Southern Boy that's an idiot with Tech stuff but introduced to the Vmax as a 14 year old boy in 1989 my Pops a Veitnam Vet of 3 tours got out in 87 never rode a bike before EVER went to America Motorsprots in Nashville bought it with No license smh. Went to take the bike test failed the first time and rode the bike home afterwards lmao. Anywho at was 17 years I was roasting the back tire of an 89 Vmax coming out of the school parking lot. 🙃

Nice name.

Like That? I was going to say I see your from Glasgow! I'm very interested in history to about 1800s I guess. So I have became really interested in My Name Sake the last few years. I am Clyde the 4th and my boy is the 5th . I am just starting a 23andme profile to search for my Roots My real Roots. And it seems late maybe from late late 1700s Thur the early to mid 1800 my Blood traveled from Glasgow to America Via Virginia and settled in Columbia Tenn. Where they was known to be extensive land owners that didn't particularly enjoy The Gov. In their business. My uncle times I think 6 was James K Polks Lawyer. The Porter Brothers there was 3 or 4 I can't remember but they built the Jail in Columbia TN and it still stands today. Empty of course but the Block Rock they set is still up. Do you know much of Glasgow History? Sorry if it sounded like a crazy question. Lol thanks for your time......

Loving the 82nd Brother.... my Pops was 82nd and rolled into the The Herd in 68 for the An Do Valley a hell of a place to be back then. Hell I hope your speaking of Airborne......
I'm riding it to the shop in Lebanon TN. At 1 just to have them comb through it a bit further then my self. I just bought it I guess 2 months she is an 07 and in incredible shape. It took me about 1 1/2 years and driving to look at lots of them to find her. I wanted the Gen 1 I know I forfeited some reliability to get that many years back but the Vmax is sentimental to me through my Pops when he rolled up brand new one in 89 I was 14 and Love struck ever sense. I 17 years old riding that thing to school and Just Roasting the back tire leaving school Smh

Lazy today tried to give my knee a break but I did take a picture of my matching kids out in the yard.View attachment 81428
I? Pretty sure it's not but the truck looks like a Pup. I Dig it Brother....... and the Max that set up the shield, to the Sissy Bar, to the rack looks strikingly similar to my Pops 89 that year his was maroon. He Wrecked in Erin TN on some very crazy cut backs and straights he said he thought at about 130 he passed this Ole Farmer miles back and said he Jumped down on her hard when he cleared the truck. The Ole Man about 10 minutes later came creeping up on him sitting on the side of the road. In 1998 there wasn't any calling anybody lol. Broke his sternum, Nose woke up in a deep Ditch. All he remembered was maybe the center line broke the traction and seeing the Bike not far behind rolling like round culvert. Was Very lucky that day. I went down sometime later with the tractor and stuck the Hay Fork in the thing you could tell what the hell it was never found the front wheel. Smh

Back