What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a lot of work being done in the Muscle shop but in the personal side of the shop have had a lot going (and will be for quite a bit this year). Building a new house and going to try and renovate the shop at the same time. Got rid of 2400lbs of simple crap today and have plenty more to go! Didn't even get into the metal pile yet lol! I'm getting way to old to keep hauling this much around on a regular basis lol (or even one off basis). Later this week I have to move one remaining car (my old 69 Bonneville) in order to make space inside for the materials for the house (going to buy most of it before the pricing goes back up like they are predicting).
We had probably 1000 trees removed (most were small) to clear the land again (this was from 30 years of letting it grow where it wanted). Starting to make some headway for sure!
Sean have you been able to finish your dads car?

Having a hard fight to remove the OEM mufflers of my Maxx. All screws are loose or removed - mufflers are easy to wiggle up and down - but not moving out. .....
Did you loosen the headers too?

SO I have to remove the headers, too?:eek:
No, just loosen the bolts a bit. Say, couple of turns each to loosen the fitment. I cut down an 8 mm allen wrench and use that along with a box wrench since the rear inner fasteners are a bit difficult to get at.

No, just loosen the bolts a bit. Say, couple of turns each to loosen the fitment. I cut down an 8 mm allen wrench and use that along with a box wrench since the rear inner fasteners are a bit difficult to get at.
Make that a ratcheting box wrench, like a GearWrench. A proven cuss-reducer.

Guys - thanks for standing by me. I won the fight, mufflers are off.

Next point: front and rear tyres off, new rims (3,5" x 17" front and 5,5" x 17" rear) and new tyres - Maxx is a nice winter project

Fender delete/ reflector mod tail light/ L brackets to mount plate/ and led lights. Cleans up the back of the bike. Also raised the front forks 3/4” in the triple trees.

5B718FE0-5C07-485A-8324-6D76816DE160.jpegAE100800-3227-418E-BD89-23AC510D81F3.jpegE6AAC0BB-FCDB-474B-9C7B-EA4677B13083.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
No Bike work today went and got the bottom half of my new toolbox. Now to make room for it and start transferring tools.
Great box (
No Bike work today went and got the bottom half of my new toolbox. Now to make room for it and start transferring tools.
What weighs more?
Empty tool box. Or a gen 1 vmax.
And Kyle, I also have a harbor freight addiction.

Great box (

What weighs more?
Empty tool box. Or a gen 1 vmax.
And Kyle, I also have a harbor freight addiction.
It's a close race on the weight . I have lots of high end tools Snap on etc but I will never pay there price for a box. I have had better luck with the HF boxes than I did with a Matco and Cornwell I bought used when I was young and stupid.

Latest posts

Back