What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am an underground Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic and normally use Craftsman or other similar boxes over the years but after being inspired to become a licensed Motorcycle Mechanic in 2014 by Kyle and some friends in Mexico and Panama, I decided to treat myself to a bottom Yamaha blue 40 inch Snap-On box that cost $1,600 CAD. It is definitely a high quality box compared to my previous boxes and when the Snap-On peddler offered me a full set of Kawasaki green 40 inch bozes for $2,000 CAD; I jumped at it. I keep them at home for my bikes and recently bought a 40 inch set at Home Depot which wotk great at my job as a Contract HDE Mechanic. I have a tool addiction and refuse to seek psychiatric help. I do have a few specific Snap-On & Mac tools but most are from various manufacturers. My addiction is supported by the belief that I can pass them onto my son at my death so it is an investment in my family's future. Mechanics has been good to me and allowed me a great lifestyle and the ability to enjoy life more than most. If Snap-On, Mac, Craftsman, Harbour Freight or Princess Auto here in Canada are your chosen addiction, more power to you.

No 8-Track?

Don't laugh, I have a trashed-picked home system in my garage, and it has a (now) working 8-Track. I end up throwing away some of the tapes as they become broken.
No 8 track but they are cool. I basically use it for an amp most of the time. I have a Bluetooth adapter on it and listen to Pandora 90 % of the time

Busy day ! I bought this one a couple weeks ago. He said it had a knock . I pulled the gas tank this morning and cleaned it out good put it back in and fired it up yep bad knock. I ripped the motor out and threw the 98 model motor in I had sitting here sanded the swingarm and final drive down and painted it and probably some other stuff I am forgetting. I figured I done enough today and was tired so I called it a day.

Attachments

• 20220110_121547.jpg
    20220110_121547.jpg
    360.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 20220131_150824.jpg
    20220131_150824.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 20220131_175350.jpg
    20220131_175350.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 26
Busy day ! I bought this one a couple weeks ago. He said it had a knock . I pulled the gas tank this morning and cleaned it out good put it back in and fired it up yep bad knock. I ripped the motor out and threw the 98 model motor in I had sitting here sanded the swingarm and final drive down and painted it and probably some other stuff I am forgetting. I figured I done enough today and was tired so I called it a day.
Yea Kyle, relax , and go get some Luv.

Just reading Kyle's post makes me tired. :)

Looking good....

Have you ran one much with the shift pattern swapped?

Have you ran one much with the shift pattern swapped?

I was just looking at your pictures and the shifter was looking at me lol. I have turned every one of mine over. It just gives me piece of mind. Even though it won't absolutely stop me from making a pit stop in neutral I feel better banging through them on the Down.

Work in the barn last night for awhile painting bee hardware we have decide to go with paint instead of clear as it holds up far better to the local environment
Still have 25 hives in the field that will need to be painted in place plus the stack drying to the right
So much for this being a hobby!!1E1D4917-8A6D-40FC-8386-0C0C91B55B4B.jpeg

Only had about 3 hours to work this morning do to being a one man team and having lots of other stuff to work on. I put the carbs,airbox,rear wheel and exhaust back on and probably other stuff I am forgetting. I basically just need to switch out the flywheel and pick up coils now since this is a 97 motor in an 89 bike.

Attachments

• 20220202_171632.jpg
    20220202_171632.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 18
Only rode a few of them that way and not for long periods.
I don't know if I'm just weak in the tendons and muscles in my ankle or what but I have missed 2nd so many times it seems and Man you get this bike wrapped up in Neutral and I get emotional lol. Just because she is so kind when you ask for the Power the right way. Makes me feel like I'm calling a bird just to beat his Ass when he gets there.

Latest posts

Back