What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only had about 3 hours to work this morning do to being a one man team and having lots of other stuff to work on. I put the carbs,airbox,rear wheel and exhaust back on and probably other stuff I am forgetting. I basically just need to switch out the flywheel and pick up coils now since this is a 97 motor in an 89 bike.
Screenshot_20220202-165948.png[ATTACH=
She may not be the Fastest now with her age, but if I catch anybody sleeping she can make umm look stupid.

"Where were you borrn, son, where were you borrn?"
- Jan-Michael Vincent

He was great in "The Mechanic" with Charles Bronson too. They tore-up that garden dinner party on those Husqvarnas!

I experienced the same issue with the 90 minute cassettes, they just were not very durable because they were of much thinner material. It's amazing how the technology has evolved over the years. I used 'chromium dioxide' spec cassettes which were supposed to provide more dynamic range compared to standard ferrous oxide tapes. Better quality cassette decks had a chromium dioxide bias switch.

If you want some interesting reading read about Madman Muntz who was an Electronics sales pioneer selling consumer electronics including TVs and hi-fi's and stereos earlier and his tape cartridges and playback equipment from the 1960's. He notably was also someone who developed a car from work done by Frank Kurtis of Kurtis Kraft Indy Car, Sprint car & Midgets. He re-named it the Muntz Jet. Kurtis developed an Indy car chassis and body equipped with fenders and powered by an Offenhauser engine burning gasoline for road use. The cars were popular in the 1950s with movie stars who wanted high-performance automobiles. Offenhauser competition engines typically used methanol alcohol for fuel which helps with the cooling of the engine. It was discovered when trying to convert the Offenhauser to using gasoline that there were issues with the cooling and performance. Without going and checking the web I believe that they substituted a domestic V8 for the Offenhauser Racing Engine which had been detuned for street use.

Ok I looked up a good article on 'Madman' Muntz.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hemmings.com/stories/article/earl-madman-muntz/amp
Just say 'no' to wikipedia.
…And I can’t just leave one comment about Pink Floyd. Sorry. Been listening to those guys with vigor since I was 13 years old. I zeroed in on them when “obscured by clouds” and “Meddle” were fresh. Yes, I became a "hippie" at an early age.

Had a chance to see the Charlotte show noted above and it was settled. In my opinion nobody else came or comes close - musically, lyrically, thematically. And in those days, Pink Floyd fans were a different breed. A far different breed. Now, everybody is a Pink Floyd fan. Amazing what they have done. Truly amazing. Too bad ego got in the way. S

The Best Floyd I've seen is Pigs 3 different Roger on the Desert Trip in Oct of 2016. Zocolo Park Mexico City.
Funny how 300K Kids in Soccer Park all seemed to know who the US's next President was gonna be in a month when few here did.

The other day I went to start my bike and it was dead, hooked up my trickle charger and got back to it a couple days later and fired it up. That sweet sound of a V4 rumbling is just music to my ears. I let it warm up and had to let the neighbors know I still have it;) so I think I may have something causing the draw to cause the battery to go dead like that, the po put led lights on it so I’m wondering if that might be causing the parasitic draw. They put a new battery in it when I bought it in June so I’m pretty sure the battery is good. This is the longest it has sat and the weather has been brutally cold here so maybe that didn’t help as well. Today I’m going to start it and move it to its winter resting spot, I don’t see a ride coming for awhile here.

Lazy today put a Diversion wheel on the back of my bike , pulled the Vgas carbs ,RC wheels and custom Guage cluster off the 98 and changed the oil and coolant on a Customer's bike. I traded the Vgas carbs for the 1327 Motor I pulled out of that bike Thursday and I traded the old UFO exhaust and gauge cluster off the 98 for a complete 2004 Vmax that needs some work.

Attachments

• 20220204_173832.jpg
    20220204_173832.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 20220204_173844.jpg
    20220204_173844.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 20211224_162713.jpg
    20211224_162713.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 20220204_154245.jpg
    20220204_154245.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 25
Good swapping exchange there, Kyle.
Seemed like it was in my best interest I had someone in mind that might want the 1327 if not no big deal. My buddy done just as much work as I did this Thursday , Friday & a couple hours this morning. He gave me the Diversion wheels for helping him out even though he helped me with some things just as much . I probably skipped posting a lot of stuff we done the last couple days. I work by myself 99% of the time so strange having someone around that knows some because I am not a teacher . I just like to get things done !

I want........ How do I get? And what do I Pay?
These are forged rims, made in Germany and available in aluminum (like mine) or magnesium. As new they were sold for 3800 Euros in aluminum, I paid 1000 for both rims second hand. I start driving my Maxx with Pirelli Angel, the set was around 150 Euros.

Nothing too exciting. PO stripped the upper slave cylinder bolt and decided to rectify that and rebuild the slave while the the trans is getting repaired by Sean. What a pain….very few tools can fit between the engine casts and also reach deep enough into the recess. Eventually ended up using a grinding burr to get bolt head off and then used a needle nose locking pliers to get remainder out once the slave could be slid off.

Attachments

• F9223AFB-9EB0-4C9F-A325-A98ABFB4C570.jpeg
    F9223AFB-9EB0-4C9F-A325-A98ABFB4C570.jpeg
    93.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Nothing too exciting. PO stripped the upper slave cylinder bolt and decided to rectify that and rebuild the slave while the the trans is getting repaired my Sean. What a pain….very few tools can fit between the engine casts and also reach deep enough into the recess. Eventually Ended up using a grinding burr to get bolt head off and then used a needle nose lock pliers to get remainder out once the slave could be slid off.
Yeah not much room to work in that section.

Nothing too exciting. PO stripped the upper slave cylinder bolt and decided to rectify that and rebuild the slave while the the trans is getting repaired my Sean. What a pain….very few tools can fit between the engine casts and also reach deep enough into the recess. Eventually Ended up using a grinding burr to get bolt head off and then used a needle nose lock pliers to get remainder out once the slave could be slid off.

Clever solution.

Feels good to overcome the long odds with no damage.

Lazy today put a Diversion wheel on the back of my bike , pulled the Vgas carbs ,RC wheels and custom Guage cluster off the 98 and changed the oil and coolant on a Customer's bike. I traded the Vgas carbs for the 1327 Motor I pulled out of that bike Thursday and I traded the old UFO exhaust and gauge cluster off the 98 for a complete 2004 Vmax that needs some work.
Where is Maryville Tennessee?

Back