What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sheesh, that's got one of everything! I think I'd buy a Gen 2 instead of that financial commitment. That looks like the German ones, they do a lot of those types of mods, from what I've seen online and in magazines.

Sheesh, that's got one of everything! I think I'd buy a Gen 2 instead of that financial commitment. That looks like the German ones, they do a lot of those types of mods, from what I've seen online and in magazines.
Lol, well my brother has a Gen II as well!

Took a break from customer stuff and pulled the hurt 383 out of the Luv. I have a little 358 roller motor going back in tomorrow
A sleeper Luv fo reel! We used to have a good gear head show that aired on the free digital tv channel's called Revvin TV. They ain't got nothin on you Kyle, you've got variety, style and creativity and are accomplished in many talent's.
You need a YouTube channel, have the view's pay for the projects!

A sleeper Luv fo reel! We used to have a good gear head show that aired on the free digital tv channel's called Revvin TV. They ain't got nothin on you Kyle, you've got variety, style and creativity and are accomplished in many talent's.
You need a YouTube channel, have the view's pay for the projects!
Thank You ! I have thought about the YouTube thing but I'm kind of a loaner out in the garage . I just get going and an in my own little world. I did buy a tripod for my phone the other day but so far my videos sucked and I deleted them. I need more than one camera and then I don't know crap about editing video's or putting 2 of them together from different devices.

@gentsvmax

It was in my youth when I have done a holiday job similar to wrapping, so some 40 yrs back. Since I cant really ruin anything I thought on giving it a try, got the film for free to play with.

I like the matt and gloss since its elegant to me, just like to use different white's.
And since its quite easy to remove, I can use this look and if I get tired of it, its a couple of minutes and its the original silver again....

Kyle, is that Rickey's bike?

Nah, his has an USD fork.

I visited my H-D mechanic friend today & he was working on this 2100+cc H-D. I think he said it was an Ultima engine.

1677270953295.png

Last edited:
I finished stripping and polishing my scoops. I started with Aircraft Cleaner which did a fantastic job of lifting the clear. I was a bit surprised to see that some of the corrosion was beneath the clear and on the aluminum itself. Hit the bare aluminum with 400 thru 1000 grit, then three different Chemical Guys polishing compounds, the last being Jet Seal. IMG_1308[1].JPGIMG_1309[1].JPG

Thanks much. On a different note, I'm wondering if my shift lever is "normal". I included a photo below. To me the peg looks crooked, but I'm pretty sure it's cast aluminum and the arm is straight, so I don't think anything is bent. Any ideas (other than to tone down my OCD!)?Shift Lever.JPG

sorry I messed up. I am putting on a pair of shinko tourmasters. for the rear I opted the 140/90/15. I had one before and it turns easier at low speed. I tried the zip tie method seen on youtube( rear tire), I found it much easier to do it the regular way.... bars ad lots of soap. Happy trails.

Back