What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took her out of the garage into the sunlight. I can finally see the shiny paint doing its thing, lol. I also took a crappy video of the bike running with the new exhaust.

delk03.jpg

delk04.jpg

delk05.jpg

And the video I took. Finger in the way, poor audio and all!
https://youtu.be/7WpUWQgOSLQ
That is a great looking max,what colour is it.I think i might do mine similar.

I finally got some free time, so a little more progress was made on the Beast.

Attachments

• 17796871_1895281060497907_403534131463379009_n.jpg
    17796871_1895281060497907_403534131463379009_n.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 17884414_1895281110497902_5944183986351389537_n.jpg
    17884414_1895281110497902_5944183986351389537_n.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 25
I finally got some free time, so a little more progress was made on the Beast.

I'm loving it KJ, cannot wait to see it run.
I'll be in Anchorage on the 18th or 19th of May for a trip up to Denali on the train for 3 days (staying over 1 day) then onto exploring the Kenai Peninsula region in a rented motorhome for the duration of the trip. If all goes well I will be making an run up 11 to Deadhorse/ Prudhoe Bay in the next couple of years. An Inuvik trip is of interest to me too sometime.

I'm loving it KJ, cannot wait to see it run. I'll be in Anchorage on the 18th or 19th of May for a trip up to Denali on the train for 3 days (staying over 1 day) then onto exploring the Kenai Peninsula region in a rented motorhome for the duration of the trip. If all goes well I will be making an run up 11 to Deadhorse/ Prudhoe Bay in the next couple of years. An Inuvik trip is of interest to me too sometime.

You're going to love the train ride. it's a great trip. When you come back to go north, in the future, I'll be pretty much running by my town. May have to go get a beer. :biglaugh:

You're going to love the train ride. it's a great trip. When you come back to go north, in the future, I'll be pretty much running by my town. May have to go get a beer. :biglaugh:
Sounds like a plan! This years trip is for my older sister who is working in Sitka for the next year or so. She's done the Alaskan cruise and now wants to see more of the rest of Alaska, she needs out of Sitka for while.:jail:
She is not in jail, she is a TSA agent at the airport there.:biglaugh:

Last edited:
It gets old after a while. Southeast is pretty, but I'm more fond of the interior. I do miss living by the sea though. talk about fresh food.

It gets old after a while. Southeast is pretty, but I'm more fond of the interior. I do miss living by the sea though. talk about fresh food.
I know what you are talking about, having Lake Superior at my doorstep and family still fishing is nice. My trip to Newfoundland last year was pretty awesome for fresh food and I'm looking forward to really enjoying more fresh seafood while in Alaska.

Last edited:
That is a great looking max,what colour is it.I think i might do mine similar.

I don't honestly know the color. I sent Kyle some links to what I was looking for, one being a Pepper Gray and I forget the other. I told him I wanted something kind of in the middle of the 2 I sent him and the color you see is what he came up with. Maybe he'll chime in.

The Black, as far as I know, is just a metallic black. I like the color combo on it. Pictures don't really do it justice. Once I get some more time, I'll clean it up really well and post some better pics. I went riding today a little bit, about 10 miles and took it out on the interstate to see how that exhaust sounded. I like it! I can hear it in my helmet but it's not obtrusive. Just about right for me. I got a thumbs up from a Harley rider to boot, lol!

Received my Billet Bike Bites forward controls and frame brace yesterday. Will install them this weekend. Super nice qualify parts.

Attachments

• 20170411_205621.jpg
    20170411_205621.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 22
  • 20170411_205833.jpg
    20170411_205833.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 17
I don't honestly know the color. I sent Kyle some links to what I was looking for, one being a Pepper Gray and I forget the other. I told him I wanted something kind of in the middle of the 2 I sent him and the color you see is what he came up with. Maybe he'll chime in.

The Black, as far as I know, is just a metallic black. I like the color combo on it. Pictures don't really do it justice. Once I get some more time, I'll clean it up really well and post some better pics. I went riding today a little bit, about 10 miles and took it out on the interstate to see how that exhaust sounded. I like it! I can hear it in my helmet but it's not obtrusive. Just about right for me. I got a thumbs up from a Harley rider to boot, lol!

The color is called Nimbus grey and the black was a standard black that I just added some mettalic to.

What did you use for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wanted more power out of my front brakes so I contacted Sean at Morley's Muscle and he sent me these 6 piston calipers which are much stronger than the original 4 piston ones

Latest posts

Back