What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Broke my speedometer! Haven't looked yet, but I hope it's the cable. Letting machine and man cool down a bit. Coming back from work and looked down to see the speedo at zero. (I was moving). Dang it.

“Fixed” my speedometer today. Darn cable came off the instrument. Watta PIA just to reconnect it! Had to pull the headlight. In the grand scheme of things, not a major operation, but a bit of a hassle just to reconnect a Speedo cable.

So, if I ever sell this thing, I will have to declare that the mileage displayed is actually two less than the machine has travelled...

Got the nines bike fired up but it's leaking from nearly every orifice lol. Going to get it together enough to take it to the Lawton dyno day in a couple of weeks.

Pulled my gas tank yesterday..............been sitting for 5 years................gas looked like orange gatorade...................fiberoptic inspection confirmed my suspicions, lots of rust.....................put in a gallon of muratic acid and moved liquid around in the tank...............tank looked great until the air hit it and then the rust reappeared.....................KSD tank liner kit on the way, should be here on Monday.................it's true, the acid removes any trace of tank liner that protects from rust.....................keep your tanks full and put something in it when stored.................gas tank repair is not fun

Got the nines bike fired up but it's leaking from nearly every orifice lol. Going to get it together enough to take it to the Lawton dyno day in a couple of weeks.

Sean, did you decide that the nines bike was not the sparkle maroon? Are you still looking for that code or a sample?

Sean, did you decide that the nines bike was not the sparkle maroon? Are you still looking for that code or a sample?
I'm not sure what i'm going to do. I think I am just going to end up painting it black as I think that is what was done. It was not for sure the maroon bike.

Today I ordered a Maxflow Stealth Gen2 Yamaha VMAX Cat Eliminator Exhaust Ceramic (09-20 All) and I'm wondering if I need an ecu flash after installing? What is recommended?

Pulled the carbs on Godzilla to replace lower boots. Rebuild kits on order to give them a good cleaning. I ordered a set of diaphragms with slides, they're going in too.

Along with a bunch of maintenance sdt354 installed and wired up this bad boy. I’m not much for mostly aesthetic upgrades but this one does look bad ass. Slimed up the rear and it’s very visible. Next up is a fork oil change and install of Sean’s preload adjusters.

Attachments

• 7434BB9B-D188-48B7-9075-DC0F3DB6A2F4.jpeg
    7434BB9B-D188-48B7-9075-DC0F3DB6A2F4.jpeg
    79.2 KB · Views: 21
Along with a bunch of maintenance sdt354 installed and wired up this bad boy. I’m not much for mostly aesthetic upgrades but this one does look bad ass. Slimed up the rear and it’s very visible. Next up is a fork oil change and install of Sean’s preload adjusters.

"That's great! Save some for me!"

Put new mirrors on yesterday I purchased from Sean, I wanted to go with black mirrors and of course he had a nice variety to choose from. A9AFA8FB-7ED7-4D4A-A08B-A1032BA94823.jpegI think they look pretty good.044E954C-65CA-452D-980E-CECF838B5603.jpeg30D65A70-259C-43E9-8E2C-D8954E9D66A7.jpeg

Today I put new levers on, the clutch lever was super sloppy.
The hole on the clutch lever can wear, as you have found out. You can fit in a bush (like what I did, an off-the shelf part. It's simple job to drill out the hole in a drill press and press fit the bush; harder wearing and self-lubricating material) or a needle bearing, but that I believe requires a smaller diameter bolt.

Latest posts

Back