What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Kyle
Yea I see some goodies, weld in frame braces, backrest, some chrome bling, that windshield, wonder what else she's packin.
Man thats got to be a kick to get to jump in the truck and head to Bamma for a bike. Right-on Kyle, I enjoy the posts and the pics!
This bike has tons of goodies, chrome scoops side covers, backrest, Rc components wheels, all clear engine covers with lights inside the clutch cover, full stainless exhaust with tail gunner cans and I am probably forgetting some stuff.

This bike has tons of goodies, chrome scoops side covers, backrest, Rc components wheels, all clear engine covers with lights inside the clutch cover, full stainless exhaust with tail gunner cans and I am probably forgetting some stuff.
Oh you hit big time! Wonder what his plan was, what the story is, cause he was on his way to a helluva build.
Second gear, maybe popped the O-ring down below? Something made whoever give up on a sweet machine.

Oh you hit big time! Wonder what his plan was, what the story is, cause he was on his way to a helluva build.
Second gear, maybe popped the O-ring down below? Something made whoever give up on a sweet machine.
He bought it and put only 300 miles on it and said the carbs were plugged up. He rebuilt 2 and never got around to doing the others. Supposedly no 2nd gear issues but I have heard that before. I fired it up today so hopefully can ride it in the next few days.

replacing valve cover gaskets for the second time. new bridgestone tires and a built suspension going in!

I love my Max! Haven't started and rode her since before Halloween.
Today was just above 40 and not expected to be out of the teens for a week or so. It had been bothering me that I hadn't been starting her more regularly. So I rolled it out today, cycle the key on twice, push down the choke, hit the start, she barks to life! I thought "Damn I miss this". Its was a bright, sunny and slushy day out and I had just planned to start her, rev it a bit, let it idle up to temp and roll it back in.
Yea right LOL, while I'm setting on it, hearing that serious Kerker lope I just couldn't resist.
I dropped into gear and negotiated down the alley through the slush and ice to the street and it was on!
She wanted to stretch out and run! OMG does the Max love the cold air in her lungs, she pulled hard as if I had been riding all day. When a period of time goes by like this that I don't get to ride, then finally do, I get the total payoff for all the hard work it took to build her. As usual I got the thumbs up from the guy's and looks of confusion from the lady's LOL, they just don't get it. So after about a five mile total blast of a ride, I took her back. All wet and steamy LOL I patted it down dry in the garage and can hardly wait to wash and shine it this spring. until then.....

Gent20230127_131011.jpg

thats a very very beutiful bike hope you have hours and hours of fun on it but please stay safe on it as people dont watch for bikes and would hate to her something happened to you or your bike so ride safe and again its a great looking bike

I replaced the intake o-rings the ones that sit between the intake manifold and heads, while I had the manifold off I put some seafoam down into the valves and let it sit for a while, removed some build up, the throttle response is much better than before , it's also idling smoother but it could have been the o-rings since it's an 85 and they were original,

thats a very very beutiful bike hope you have hours and hours of fun on it but please stay safe on it as people dont watch for bikes and would hate to her something happened to you or your bike so ride safe and again its a great looking bike
Hey Hemi52rb
Thank you, all compliments on that bike mean as much to me as the fun of riding it.
Unfortunately I have a post title "Case closed" detailing one hell of a bad experience on that bike that was an ugly reminder that there are some that actually target us for whatever reason(s).
I cherish riding as a gift, a privilege and a freedom, and as many of our freedom's are being threatened, I'll have to assume a few risk's to enjoy them.
Gent

This 07 Tank cover had a dent on one side of the flames and chips on the other side. I managed to sneak in and fix them. I took a seat off A bike I bought and put it on my personal bike.

Attachments

• 20230127_134132.jpg
    20230127_134132.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230128_145556.jpg
    20230128_145556.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230128_173406.jpg
    20230128_173406.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230128_173413.jpg
    20230128_173413.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
1985-1992 are 40mm, '93-'07 are 43mm. Add Race-Tech springs and fork cartridge emulators io greatly improve the action. YSS and RICOR also have cartridge emulators.

I think he said he was parting the bike out so I'm wondering if they were going to be for sale depending on price and how much the shipping is though

Latest posts

Back