What do people think of these

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulVmax

Reaction score
Ducati diavel ? 13000 quid (19900 USD) vmax gen 2? 21000 quid (32190 USD) Never hide ether i perfer the vmax but the price ouch !!!!

Well if you had that kind of money, you could fly over here, buy a gen2, ride it and enjoy a couple of weeks vacation, then ship it back and still have $$ in your pocket!

In the long run it would work out abot the same as you have dute tax 30% of what you paid for the bike to import 15% import tax on the motor as it is not euro import it an american one then you have the sva testing which is 800 quid plus the cost of the trasporter company and then once its registrated you have to pay mot cost and then road tax i dont have the money just wanted people opinons :)

I just got my buddy a cash out the door deal on a 2014 Gen 2 $16,000.00 He is selling his 2002 carbon Gen 1 . If you walk in to a dealer w/ cash in hand they will give you pretty much what ya want. It's being shipped from Seattle in the crate & I am putting it together for him. The price on Gen 2 used are coming down also

So 16K if you put it together, how much if THEY put it together? Not a project I would want to take on!!!
Ya its a big job, Seat,raise handlebars where they belong, front wheel n fender.. $200.00 if they do it
The hardest part is disassembiling the crate...

I once helped a friend uncrate a Ducati. Not just any Ducati, a very rare one. It was the first VDue at the FL dealer. He took all-sorts of pics & kept the crate. Not the second series VDue, but the first-evidently shipped before they had the fueling de-bugged. I believe that Ducati bought-back as-many as they could. They didn't get his. He has a Ducati collection & his business is working on exotic cars for mechanical repairs. One time I was in the shop & he had a Lamborghini V-12 on a pallet. The owner burned out the clutch in <3k miles. The car was brand new. He was doing a warranty investigation /repair for the distributor.

Yes, the Gen II prices should be coming down! If they don't I might have to buy a Harley instead!:biglaugh:

Given the choice between the two, I think I would go with the 2nd Gen Yammie. As much as I like the Diavel, there are a few big negatives that, when combined with me already having a 1st Gen Max, it seems moot to go with the Italian bike. I REALLY dislike the looks of single sided swingarms for starters. The Desmo valvetrain looks like it would be a cast iron bitch to work on, and, in all honesty, the ONLY advantage I see the Duc having is weight.

Yeah, I think I would get the 2nd Gen bike, and stretch her out into a dragster.

Look we are all friends RIGHT !!Y You buy it I'll garage it and I'll take it out ( keep um oil circulated ) every few weeks .. You come to visit ride to another friends garage ( I'm sure their are some maxxers out there willing to help a friend out ) What do you say !! I prefer the red 2010 model myself !! And yes I'm talking gen 2 . I can make room tonight !!!

So 16K if you put it together, how much if THEY put it together? Not a project I would want to take on!!!

While I haven't built a gen2 since we're not a yamaha dealer I have built pretty much every bike suzuki makes. The easiest ones take about 20 minutes(gixxers) and the worst (vstrom adventure) about an hour. Crate breaks down in 30 seconds with a 12mm socket on a cordless rattle gun.

Handlebars, switches, brake cylinder, mirrors, sometimes the front wheel. Windshield if it has one, panniers for the adv-touring models. The bikes are 99% assembled from the factory, it's not like the crate is full of parts and bolts.

If I got $4k off to assemble the bike myself that's the bargain of the century.

While I haven't built a gen2 since we're not a yamaha dealer I have built pretty much every bike suzuki makes. The easiest ones take about 20 minutes(gixxers) and the worst (vstrom adventure) about an hour. Crate breaks down in 30 seconds with a 12mm socket on a cordless rattle gun.

Handlebars, switches, brake cylinder, mirrors, sometimes the front wheel. Windshield if it has one, panniers for the adv-touring models. The bikes are 99% assembled from the factory, it's not like the crate is full of parts and bolts.

Understood, I assumed it was in MORE pieces! What's the discount though? Wouldn't there be some liability on their part if you put it together and something "went wrong?" Do they make you sign a waiver or something to CYA???

Understood, I assumed it was in MORE pieces! What's the discount though? Wouldn't there be some liability on their part if you put it together and something "went wrong?" Do they make you sign a waiver or something to CYA???
When I raced Moto-X I got a new bike every other year & I always got them in a crate & assembled them myself. If the dealer knows you (I work for the dealer where the bike was purchased) they will do it for you. You just cant walk in off the street & ask to assemble the bike yourself.

So why don't you set up a company to assemble bikes then ? Seems like you could make a handsome profit for little or no outlay.

Chris.

So why don't you set up a company to assemble bikes then ? Seems like you could make a handsome profit for little or no outlay.

Chris.

I bet its a rare event when one gets away from a dealer w/o being assembled first.
I wouldn't think there would be much call for it?

Chris.

i assume most dealers like to keep that bit of $$ for themselves. why would they offload a good $$ making part.

Back