what do we think? CBR 600 fender

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREEN light BLITZ

Reaction score
My buddy has a 07 CBR 600 R/R and a spare fender for it that I decided to toy with.
I can easily make this bad boy fit and mount cleanly...Either way I will probably end up doing it...

Im slowly turning it into a "street fighter",slowly being the key word here...
SO WHAT DO YA THINK?

I got a couple pics of the stock one and the rest are the CBR one.

Attachments

• HPIM1733.JPG
    HPIM1733.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 65
  • HPIM1734.JPG
    HPIM1734.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 63
  • HPIM1730.JPG
    HPIM1730.JPG
    153.7 KB · Views: 88
  • HPIM1728.JPG
    HPIM1728.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 73
  • HPIM1729.JPG
    HPIM1729.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 64
  • HPIM1726.JPG
    HPIM1726.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 80
Looks a little wide from the front to me.......:confused2:

It looks good, as if it belongs there.
You could always add a fenda extender to get a little flavor from the Max back and add some protection to the radiator.:confused2:

I like the look of a sportbike fender on the Max. Used to have an NP Racing fender on Toxic before I went to the USD front end that has an R! fender. Makes the front end look beefier in my opinion.

It does look good. I'd maybe cut off the front bolting positions for a "sharper" look then mount it up to the factory cross brace (or modified one).

Sean

def like it. make sure u add a mudguard tho!

My master plan so far...

I RARELY ride in dirty or wet conditions,here in California it rarely even rains in December so Im so Im not too worried about putting an extender on it.

My stock fender looks out of place to me on my bike and with my secondary cooling fan on the front of the radiator it tends to hit when I hit steep drive ways or deep pot holes so the back being so short actually works well for me.(and removing the fan is OUT of the question because it gets REALLY HOT here)

I think what Ill end up doing to make the stock CBR mounts look proper is make some steel braces that wrap around the fork so the CBR holes are functional in bolting to MY STOCK forks AS WELL as using the top brace from the stock fender.

Right now Im in limbo,my buddy who ownes the fender is getting another one through his insurance so Im waiting to see if hell just give it to me, or if he still needs it, or if I need to Ill just buy one off Ebay for $30 or if I should buy it from him...

well see, THANKS GUYS for the positive reactions,I value your inputs greatly!

the mudguard is also to keep rocks off the radiator.

I understand that...BUT...

The DIP SHIT that owned it before me had it "fall off the center stand" and smash in the left side of the radiator.
It kept its integrity well enough that it doesnt over-heat and its MOSTLY hidden by my radiator shrouds.

So If it took THAT kinda damage I REALLY doubt Ill hit any rocks big enough to make it through the mech screen and still do damage...I mean REALLY! MY RADIATOR LOOKS LIKE IT HAD A BAT TAKEN TO IT ALREADY!

A reasonable concern though...

but a small enough rock at 100 mph may be enough to put a hole in it.

Very true... maybe ill come up with somthing to extend it,might not...

Havent really thought bought it much but I will more when I get the fender I suppose.

Latest posts

Back