What Do You Think, Will It Work?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie2ee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is my latest project.............wanting to reverse trike one of my Vmaxs......................figured I could use the frame from an ATV and graft it to the motorcycle frame.................seems to fit up pretty well, just to need to finalize the attachment details.................it will be a bolt on/clamp on type of attachment......................I figured I would get a few comments on my vision................my brother had his Honda ST1300 reverse triked last year, I don't have $9000 to throw at my Vmax, so looking for the low budget approach..................should be fun chasing the CanAms down.................

PXL_20210414_211914137.jpg

PXL_20210414_211959288.jpg

PXL_20210414_211932868.jpg

Why am I doing this?...................so I won't fall over when I get older.............................

I think with it shifted back and aligned to the ATV steering shaft that may actually work quite well!

I will shorten it up a little to get to straight sections of tubing and getting the frames on the same plane................I plan on using solid pins inside the ATV tubes welded to metal plates to bolts to the VMax frame..............I plan on changing the angle of the ATV steering shaft to match with the VMax via U-joint..............thanks for the feedback.............will try to keep you posted on the progress

Looks like that would work. I would look at changing the angle of the front end steerer so it slides into the Vmax head tube, far neater than using UJs.

BTW is the steering already geared up for handlebars, not for a steering wheel?

I'm guessing you may need wider bars for extra leverage due to having 2 square bottomed tyres and not being able to rely on leaning over to steer.

ATV frame is designed for 15 MPH probably. You can probably use front parts from Saturn SL with manual steering.

Back