What does this 6-8-12 disc and closed ends mean on Supertrapp exhausts?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian63

Reaction score
Just that...

If it's what i think it is, i took out my baffles today and took out 2 rings behind the caps that hold the baffles in, is this what people mean when they say they have 6-8-12 discs ect, why have so many!

And what's closed ends....

Just that...

If it's what i think it is, i took out my baffles today and took out 2 rings behind the caps that hold the baffles in, is this what people mean when they say they have 6-8-12 discs ect, why have so many!

And what's closed ends....

Supertrapps, can be "tuned" by the amount of discs added to the pipe. Hence, 5,6,-12 etc. An open endcap is just that, an endcap that has a hole in the end, it equals about 6 discs. so you'll see some people running 4 or so discs with an open endcaps. Others (me included) aren't too fond of the open endcap's look, so chose to run more discs to make up for using the closed endcaps.

When I was running trapps, I went with 12 discs and supertrapp assy endcaps, to me they just polished the look of the supertrapps.

Attachments

• P1020315.jpg
    P1020315.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 28
  • P1020401.jpg
    P1020401.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 34
I've got 2 in mine behind the end caps, they hold the baffle in, is that the same discs as your all talking about

How does more make it noisier (just asking as i dont understand all this), i'll take a photo of mine today.

I'm also seriously thinking of a 4 into 1 as i dont like having twin cans, never have, but here in the UK i'd need to see who does it

PS......if i cut them down, the bit at the end where the baffles go in would be gone, so i'd end up with an empty steel tube, i think i'd be aswell trying to get a 4 into 1 or if i cant then try and fit small slash cuts where the "join" on the bend is.......

what a fookin carry on and all because someone before me liked big humungus stupid looking bloody cans!!!

The more discs you add, the bigger the "gap" becomes, thus allowing the exhaust gases to escape quicker which equals less back pressure and more noise. That's why supertrapps are considered "tuneable", by adding or subtracting discs.

Dont you mean ther less discs, ther more power/noise as that way your opening the "gap" between the baffle and the end cap. I'll get a photo of mine just shortly

Gases exit is only between the discs! (with closed end cap)
So more discs means bigger exit => more power (and sound)

Back