What grips are you running with your bar end mirrors?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheTwistedNomad

Reaction score
I bought bar end mirrors and love them for the great vision they give me of my surroundings but my problem is finding grips that I can use that are long enough to reach the end of my bars. Anyone running bar end mirrors and have grips that look good and match up with the bar controls can you please post some pics and some info as to where you found them as my OEM grips don't work or look good with the bar ends and are worn out. Thanks for reading and posting.

Twisted

Any sport bike grips should work. Just move your controls closer to the ends of the bars if they don't reach. Maybe I'm confused, though. Are you using the screw-in or clamp-on mirrors? Throttle tubes seem to be a pretty standard length, and could always be cut if you felt it was too long or something. Sean sells the D3 grips. There are knock-offs that plenty of guys like just as well. I personally like a thicker grip on these bars because of the way it fills my hand. I always had sport bike grips on my sport(ier) bikes, though, and felt they were appropriate for those applications.

I'm running oem grips. They work fine. I removed the left grip and then re-installed it flush with the end of the bars and slid the switches over to meet the grip. On the throttle side, I cut the throttle tube flush with the grip then slid the whole assembly flush to the end of the bars.

No more gap.

Any grip with an open end will work.

I'm running some gel grips I picked up off of eBay from this seller. I'm liking them, real comfortable for $14 :biglaugh:

Attachments

• Grips.jpg
    Grips.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Arc2_spot.jpg
    Arc2_spot.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 31
Maybe I am just too picky but I did move the bar switches and cut the throttle tube but I hate having to move stuff off its "proper" position on the bar. I was hoping someone made grips long enough that I wouldn't have to do that. I was able to get the clutch side to work and look ok with a smaller space but the throttle side is a different matter. The question about the mirrors being clamp on or screw in is that they are both, there is an expandable collar that slips inside the bars which tightens/expands inside the bar when you tighten the bolt on the outside on which there is a piece to clamp the mirror to.

Attachments

• grips1.jpg
    grips1.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 36
  • grips2.jpg
    grips2.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 37
  • grips3.jpg
    grips3.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 39

Latest posts

Back