What Happened to my post??????????????

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmax1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Posted about my V boost motor not working and now can not find it.:ummm:
Should the V boost motor when cycled with the key cause the V boost to open fully and then close. I ask this because mine does not. Is this a bad motor or is there something else I should look for.:confused2:

All the slack is out of the cable. it will only move the v boost open about a quarter of the way before returning to its original position. It had worked fine the last time I had road it. Just happened yesterday.

Here's the link to your post: http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=34030
There is adjustment to the linkage which you may have to fiddle with to get it to operate properly. Make sure all the slack is out of the cable before turning ignition on, that should get you very close.

Disconnect the cable, can you move the butterfly full range?........Will the servo operate full range?..........Maybe something binding?..................Tom.

When it stops moving and closes, does it make a clicking noise and close suddenly? If so, the servo motor is likely to have issues.

If the servo makes the normal sounds, it just doesn't cycle all the way, check for anything binding as noted. It may be that the controller is going south.

Back