what has happend to the forum

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure what you mean by Jacksonville, but if anyone is passing through the Austin area you've got a couch to crash on, or I can show you around town a bit.

Not sure what you mean by Jacksonville, but if anyone is passing through the Austin area you've got a couch to crash on, or I can show you around town a bit.
I had a lot of good times in Austin when I lived in Texas. I have done lots of riding in Austin,Leakey,Boerne , just to name a few. I have an Aunt that lives in San Antonio and my wife has one in Austin. I also have some friends In New Braunfels so I usually go out that way and visit them when I am home.

Popop, you old shit ! Patmax here in same boat as you. First time back in a million years. Coprunner moved to FLA and I never seen him. Kyle moved to TN, Soec Ops still kicking but into Mustangs now and had back surgery. I got a new kidney, Dannymax, not sure. Of course Sean will never go and live forever if we are lucky ! Stupid me just snagged Max #9 yesterday but a complete parts bike.
Funny I would see your post having been gone so long. Thank god for iphone password recall ! LOL. Feels good to be back. Look for Kyles FB page , Max Motorvation. Keep posting !
Hey you old shit how you been,still kicking i see.take care my friend ,were all gettin older

I had a lot of good times in Austin when I lived in Texas. I have done lots of riding in Austin,Leakey,Boerne , just to name a few. I have an Aunt that lives in San Antonio and my wife has one in Austin. I also have some friends In New Braunfels so I usually go out that way and visit them when I am home.
hey kyle going to bristol for the drags

Wow I remember you all. No new faces though... I had back surgery in Jan. but the Vmax's are still too heavy to be safe on them. Sold both of my Vmax's but still have a lot of parts to go. If any of you still do that... I will post what I have soon( Disregard the prices for the parts I have the link to). Good to hear from all of you... I do use the E-Mail notification but don't post often.… Your still my brothers....
hey dave ,still hangin in there.miss yakking with you been to florida twice now got to come see you

Sounds like you made it outta the ditch ok (I hope). Good luck with your VTX. My brother has an 02 VTX1800C. He loves it. If you havent already, check out VTX Cafe. Some good people there with lots of tips and info on your bike. Almost as good as VMF...almost.
almost as good

poppop… I've had back surgery which went great. Need Trigger Finger work too. Glad you're still hanging in there. Family OK?
yea all doing good.wife's having a lil trouble with the cold water monster,every time she goes and takes a shower,that damn cold water monster dumps a cup of cold water on her!then im in trouble! she get's after me,im innocent,can't convince her of that.damn cold water monster keeps me in trouble.good to hear from you dave'

Admit it - VMAX is dying. Handfull of oldtimers gathering around. New gen VMax is just a joke and off production anyway. I tried to find mechanic in LA to change head gasket gen1 V max- no one want to do it, even for $800. Looking to buy M109 or M90 when my Vmax RIP. Just realised that i was on Max for 6 years!!! and enjoy the forum!

Last edited:
Admit it - VMAX is dying. Handfull of oldtimers gathering around. New gen VMax is just a joke and off production anyway. I tried to find mechanic in LA to change head gasket gen1 V max- no one want to do it, even for $800. Looking to buy M109 or M90 when my Vmax RIP. Just realised that i was on Max for 6 years!!! and enjoy the forum!

I still read the daily digest, and this board is a great resource.

It ain't dying!! Still the best sounding bike on the planet.....I sold mine and have been off 2 wheels since.....miss it every day!!!

Oh Hi everybody!!

It wouldn't matter a bit to me if I was the last person on Earth to own and ride a Vmax. I'm not the only diehard left here, and I'm sure they feel pretty much the same way. I was gonna give my son the bike when he graduates Med School, but I think I'm gonna leave it to him in my will.

I've only had my Gen 2 a couple months, and very much enjoy it. I've gotten good advice off this forum

Well, I have been riding a VMAX since 2004. I have had 3, 2 nicely modified. The most likely reason no one wanted to replace the gasket was because of the work. Unless the shop is setup for large # of customers, they probably haven't the equipment like a chain hoist to lift that 400 lbs motor out of the frame. I have never been able to find a mechanic who could sync my carburetors so I do it myself. But hey, it is an old school Cruiser/Muscle bike that is a classic like the 67 GTO or a 57 Chevy. Champions in their day and a collectable. I'd sure love to have one of either!!! If one makes some changes as I did to my first and second it will ride like a sport bike, wheelies included. Its not dead just out of production. I have never had as much attention from any one of my past bikes, including an FJR and a Kawasaki S2 track bike with Denco stinger expansion chambers. It is a collectable like the KAW 900, a real legion. But I cannot fault you for wanting a newer and easier ride. It takes sizable fortitude to ride and survive a VMAX. My FJR makes the VMAX look small. It is like the AC Cobra. Small car, but one of the greatest record breakers...

Last edited:
Not sure why you would consider the Gen2 a joke. I have owned both Gens and I am most pleased by my 2012. It looks better and has funcional scoops along with better handling IMO. Oh and its FI so no carb syncing. From my experiences people are enamored by the Vmax. Always have and always will be and those that are wish they owned one. I had a person follow me into a gas station just to ask me about my ride. That shit doesn't happen when you ride a Harley, M109R, Rocket etc. You sound disenfranchised because you can't find a person willing to do work.

Hi all, just became a member of the forum, I needed help with my 1999 Vmax and got it it, many thanks.
It's good to see healthy debate! and new owner's running issues.
I live in UK (Cornwall) I've had three gen 1's now, they ain't dead! they'll be seen as the best carburettor bike of the 80's &90's, that's why I keep coming back to them,wishing I ain't sold the last one :)
I've had Harley's, and as good as the Evo's are, you'l be trying for more power and then your back with the Vmax..
Long live the gen one Vmax's. Oh I'm in my 50's, my boy does my body know it! but the brain don't? ha ha..

Back