What in blue blazes?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rub your hand on your jeans slowly. Now rub as fast as you can. See which one builds up heat the fastest.

It reduces the contact patch by a couple millimeters, not by half.

I may be the only guy I know that's had a front tire blow-out. Just slowed down from doing 85 to 55 and the front tire blew. Was going to lay it down nice and easy. Wife decided to bail out. This put me face first in the asphalt. We both got a ride to the emergency room. Both had helmets. Saved both of us. That was back about 1975 on a CB450. Take it back PLEASEEEE...

I have the same exact tire on my gen 2 with the same exact wear. Normal. I am gonna stir the bee hive here....Metzlers are garbage. I didnt put these tires on by choice. When I bought my bike, it had bad tires. The dealer put them on for me. I dont run 40psi though. I run 30. Compromise between a tire that adheres to the road and fuel mileage. I do more straight line runs than turning. But I do get aggressive in the turns. Afterall....the bike can handle it and its fun.

These are the second set of Metzlers I have had on both of the Maxs' and both experiences are huge let downs over the hype. On my Gen 1, I had horrible steering wobble. So bad you couldnt even lift one hand off the bars. Granted....those tires were original to the bike and old. Fair enough...old tires are bad tires. 2cd set now and on a different bike and I completely wore out a front tire before the back and they were installed the same time. Never in my years of riding have accomplished this before now.

I may be the only guy I know that's had a front tire blow-out. Just slowed down from doing 85 to 55 and the front tire blew. Was going to lay it down nice and easy. Wife decided to bail out. This put me face first in the asphalt. We both got a ride to the emergency room. Both had helmets. Saved both of us. That was back about 1975 on a CB450. Take it back PLEASEEEE...
I’ve had a front blow out and managed to hang onto it…just. Even when ur down to 5MPH your still struggling not to drop it. I stopped with the bike nearly on its side. I know where your coming from on that subject, it was 75% luck, 10% skill and the rest stupidity.

Also anyone tried riding a bike with an overinflated tyre (even 5 psi) at 150 + MPH, your eyeballs 👀 are rattling about so much that everything is just a blur. Plus I really did think all motorcycle tyres had varying compound from centre out, but I may be wrong.

I don't know the answer but am going to throw out the opposite happens.

Higher tyre pressure results in a slightly smaller footprint so less contact with the road, so less friction = less heat.

Secondly the higher pressure means less side wall snd tyre flex, flexing uses up energy that has to be dissipated as heat.
I tend to agree.. I run 42 rear 40 front. As a matter of pre ride that morning or the night before I ALWAYS check tire pressure.

Sure wish there was an easier way to check the oil (which I don't do that often). But also never seen it low either.

LOL, I check my oil every time my Missus happens to be nearby while I happen to be sitting on the bike.
"Hey babe, would you m.."
"I know - look in that the little window. Yeah, it's good."
"Thanks babe. You're the best...dipstick I ever had."

Back