what is that clicking noise???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidwin

Reaction score
when i start my bike and i don't want to use the choke, i give the throttle a little twist and i hear a clicking noise as the idle seeks....

wtf is that noise? is that the vboost or something? This only happens when the bike is cold and i'm starting it with no choke and it is almost like idle seeking...

thanks,
sid

It sounds like your fuel pump or your v-boost but the v-boost is more of a buzz and the fuel pump is the clicking

when i start my bike and i don't want to use the choke, i give the throttle a little twist and i hear a clicking noise as the idle seeks....

wtf is that noise? is that the vboost or something? This only happens when the bike is cold and i'm starting it with no choke and it is almost like idle seeking...

thanks,
sid

louder than the fuel pump? i've been meaning to ask about that, if i give my bike too much gas when its not warmed up enough or at too low an RPM sometimes it clicks once or twice and i have no idea what it is either.

OK so it doesn't do it when you use the choke?

Why not use the choke? (or enricher as it actually is)

Chris

OK so it doesn't do it when you use the choke?

Why not use the choke? (or enricher as it actually is)

Chris

no problem using the choke, just say i'm not giving it enough by accident when i first start going.....

is that the same thing ur saying sid?

yeah pretty much... i guess it is the fuel pump. would make sense. i walk up to the bike and usually just turn the key and hit start.

on my older bikes, i would hold the throttle for a couple of seconds instead of messing around with the choke. i just noticed on this bike when i do that i can hear this clicking on and off sounds more like a solenoid.

yeah pretty much... i guess it is the fuel pump. would make sense. i walk up to the bike and usually just turn the key and hit start.

on my older bikes, i would hold the throttle for a couple of seconds instead of messing around with the choke. i just noticed on this bike when i do that i can hear this clicking on and off sounds more like a solenoid.

mine is def not the fuel pump, it stumbles when it clicks too. i would def say it sounds like a solenoid, much louder than the fuel pump.

Anyone ever get to the bottom of what this clicking is? I have the same noise if I dont let it warm up enough. I always start with choke on etc, but if i give it gas before its fully warmed up i get the clicking noise.

I also have noticed this same clicking noise just recently. On the highway when im into high revs the bike starts to lose power, almost like bad gas or something and starts clicking. I have no idea whats going on. Bike runs fine in lower gears on the street but on the highway in high 4th or 5th it starts to crap out and i cant really get er above 100kph. Anyone know what might be causing this?

I also have noticed this same clicking noise just recently. On the highway when im into high revs the bike starts to lose power, almost like bad gas or something and starts clicking. I have no idea whats going on. Bike runs fine in lower gears on the street but on the highway in high 4th or 5th it starts to crap out and i cant really get er above 100kph. Anyone know what might be causing this?[/QUOTE]

Look for the simple cause(s) to begin with.
Have you changed your fuel filter recently?
Cheers!

The fuel pump does not have a tremendous amout of suction power. When I had the same problem several years ago and I had a restriction on the outlet pipe which supplies the fuel pump. I simply used compressed air to blow out the outlet tube leading into the tank and also done the same to the vent off tube. There is a tip over valve that should be checked that is well hidden on the vent line leading down to the btm side of the bike.

Have not changed fuel filter lately. I will try that out and see if it solves this issue, will also have a look at all my hoses. Just noticed it happening in the last 2 days or so, lucky for me the highway that i use is a 90/kph.

Have not changed fuel filter lately. I will try that out and see if it solves this issue, will also have a look at all my hoses. Just noticed it happening in the last 2 days or so, lucky for me the highway that i use is a 90/kph.

Uh........you actually ride the speed limit? Willingly? lol:biglaugh:

No that's the problem! I'm being forced to do the limit by mechanical issues!

Dropped some seafoam in there and some fresh gas, no time to look at filter/lines yet, we'll see if that makes any difference.

Back