what is the best exhaust sys. for v max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One you can afford and are happy with.

or my opinion:

Marks performance exhaust.

Dale walkers exhaust

or an HMF exhaust (if you can find one)

Don't have anything to compare it to but really
like the sound of my Supertrapps.

Hmm maybe some more information may get you a better opinon. The best exhaust,, best as in looks? Best as in Sound, Best as in Qaulity? Best as in price? Best as in Tuning? Tell us how you ride..
I personally run a Kerker 4-2-1 with a 2.7 Comp Baffle. I feel its the best in power! I wish it had a different look though

It sounds good:biglaugh:

My Holeshot system received a lot of positive reviews from onlookers at Friday the 13th in Port Dover, Ontario. Several riders said they preferred the Holeshot sound over that of the Hindle or Supertrapps. The dual exhaust gives the bike a nice, balanced look as well and the centre-stand can be kept. Not sure how it ranks head-to-head with all the other exhaust systems in terms of performance gains...I'd love to read a single review of the same Max testing all the available systems out there but until then this forum will give you a wealth of feedback. Blaine Williams Oshawa

The over racing stuff looks killer but I am confident that the 4-4 systems will perform poorly. most of the 4-2 or 4-1 stuff will do fine. Any slip-on system will still not gain much in performance since the stock head pipes are retained.

Sean

Does anyone make a full exhaust system with STEPPED head pipes for the V-max? The best performing exhaust systems for the big bore crotch rockets all use stepped headpipes. Their head pipes ID/OD steps up to a larger size(which it carries the rest of the way back) about 8" out from the exhaust flange.

The over racing stuff looks killer but I am confident that the 4-4 systems will perform poorly. most of the 4-2 or 4-1 stuff will do fine. Any slip-on system will still not gain much in performance since the stock head pipes are retained.

Sean

No way I will put a 4 to 4 system on my Max nor a 4 to 1 it is toooo UGLY
I hate when one side is naked it loose proportion then
I am looking for the OVER Carbon/Titan system but it is so F******g expensive:bang head:?
But OVER claim a gain in around 10 Hp when fitting it and almost 10 kg away in weight

I like a big block type burble, not just "insanely loud because I'm cool" exhaust. Center stand retention is a must as well.
Mark's does sound pretty sweet after listening to it again!

I love the balanced look of the fitted, clean stock exhaust. Too bad the sound and performance is not that great. IMO the 4-1 systems may give better performance and sound, but I prefer the more balanced look of a 4-2.

I love the balanced look of the fitted, clean stock exhaust. Too bad the sound and performance is not that great. IMO the 4-1 systems may give better performance and sound, but I prefer the more balanced look of a 4-2.

I could be wrong but I believe I read somewhere that Max's exhaust isn't that bad for a stock system as far as performance is concerned but of course could be loads better. The problem is that the set up weighs about 40lbs and yes, the exhaust note sucks. Hell, you can hear more motor than pipes under hard acceleration. Besides, who can resist the temptation of an aftermarket system. By God it's the American way. :biglaugh:

Does anyone make a full exhaust system with STEPPED head pipes for the V-max? The best performing exhaust systems for the big bore crotch rockets all use stepped headpipes. Their head pipes ID/OD steps up to a larger size(which it carries the rest of the way back) about 8" out from the exhaust flange.

I believe "Nobody" still has a Mark's exhaust that is a stepped 4-1 system.
here are pictures of it.

Attachments

• 6MarksPerformance4-2-1.jpg
    6MarksPerformance4-2-1.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 3MarksPerformance4-2-1.jpg
    3MarksPerformance4-2-1.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 135
  • 2MarksPerformance4-2-1.jpg
    2MarksPerformance4-2-1.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 147
I believe "Nobody" still has a Mark's exhaust that is a stepped 4-1 system.
here are pictures of it.

Mark's is "stepped" in that its a 4-2-1 system. I'm refering to the actual diameter of the head pipes being "stepped" in that they leave the head one diameter and then 8 or so inches out they stepup in diameter.
This design keeps good low end tq and midrange, but allowing beter flow up top. The best exhaust manufacturers all do this on their best performing 1000cc and up sportbikes. I doubt there would be big advantages of this type of pipe on stk motored V-max's(vs whats typically available), but as the motor size increased, i'm sure the advantage would as well.

Mark's is "stepped" in that its a 4-2-1 system. I'm refering to the actual diameter of the head pipes being "stepped" in that they leave the head one diameter and then 8 or so inches out they stepup in diameter.
This design keeps good low end tq and midrange, but allowing beter flow up top. The best exhaust manufacturers all do this on their best performing 1000cc and up sportbikes. I doubt there would be big advantages of this type of pipe on stk motored V-max's(vs whats typically available), but as the motor size increased, i'm sure the advantage would as well.

I know what ya mean, I wasn't thinking. I went off of what he posted here. http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=6135&highlight=Mark%27s+Exhaust&page=3 You have to admit, pretty sweet though eh?

Back