what is the best exhaust sys. for v max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered mark's pipe for my 06 vmax. I have a Hindle with polished kerker on now. I got a 4 into 1 with 14 inch can 2 1/4 and turn down tip. Just have to wait now to get it and install to see what kind of sound it will have.

I just bought a 2007 with UFO 4 into 1 and at first thought it was too loud but that was because the last 6 VMAX'S I owned stayed stock so any headers would sound much louder to me. In fact I offered to trade them for stock.........lol then decided to keep them and try them. I'm glad I did, the UFO pipes sound awesome, I pulled up next to 2 harleys today and they both looked back at me....lol

It's not just loud it's mean sounding. I just dropped my bike off to have Seans jet kit installed tomorrow. Once I get it back I will post dyno specs, pictures and video so you can hear it.. Now had I been looking to buy new pipes I wouldn't have bought UFO because of Jon's rep.... I read too many bad things about him on here for customer service.

With that said, as long as I don't have to deal with him I love the sound and perforance of the pipes and can't wait to see what Sean's Jet kit adds to my VMAX...

When you look up "customer service" Sean's picture should be there he has helped me a lot and I plan to buy his custom seat next..

Ron

Cant remember if it was you that i asked, what part of MN are you in? i live 45 mins north of the cities

I live 6 miles from Fargo...... quite a ride to the cities........lol

yeah, thats a bit of a drive. well, if your ever around the area, let us know.

I have family in Alexandria and have gone up a few times to run the sleds on the trails. Fuck it's cold up there! lol

Talked to Mark Saturday. He said my pipes were shipped on thursday. I will be getting them next week. possibly wed. I order the 4 into 1. 14 inch can 2 1/4 outlet. Can't wait to see how they sound.

My 4 into 1 from Mark's pipes arrived last night. I removed my Hindle ceramic coated header with polished Kerker and installed Mark's pipe. Fit very good Finish excellant. And the sound awesome. Very happy with pipe. I will try to do a video and put it on You tube. The Hindle/Kerker will be for sale.

My new exhaust from Mark's were shipped Monday and UPS says I'll get them on the 29th so it's a week from the ship date..

Black slash cut Supertrapps with 8 discs in each side gives a nice beefy sound and you can add or take out the discs to suit your sound and power preference being a tuneable system is a bonus. Slash cut one's sound different to the megaphone stainless ones. Easy bolt on set up and cheap but it comes down how much you want to spend..I would like to hear a max with some staintunes on ...

:ummm:
I have an opportunity to get an HMF 4-2 system for my 2007 Max for $650. My question is, would my money be better spent on Mark's exhaust, or any other brand for that matter? I plan on changing the canisters at some point in time, so I am only really concerned about the headers in the long run. I don't plan on building up the motor or racing, but want to make sure I spend the $$$ wisely on a set that will get me the best performance/sound.

They pretty much all work well and we are in the process of testing different headers on the same bike to try and determine which one if any are the best. I would like to find some others to test out if anyone is willing to loan out their system for a little bit.

Currently we are testing:

UFO Dragstar 4-1,
UFO 4-2,
Hindle Over/Under Big Tube 4-1 (2.5" outlet),
Kerker 4-2-1 with Carbon Fiber Muffler (Need to get a comp muffler and test too).

Others I would like to try:
Marks (both 4-1 and 4-2)
Holeshot
Newer Hindle (side by side)
HMF
Others??

Sean, I may be able to help you out with the Mark's 4 into 2. They are SS (not ceramic coated) w/ 12" cans w/o turndowns. How soon do you need them?

Attachments

• Marks not installed 2.jpg
    Marks not installed 2.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Marks not installed 3.jpg
    Marks not installed 3.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Marks not installed 4.jpg
    Marks not installed 4.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Marks not installed 1.jpg
    Marks not installed 1.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Marks not installed 5.jpg
    Marks not installed 5.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 33
We are testing the dragstar now and about maxed out it's potential. Doing the 4-2 next and then we could do yours after that. We can also do it later in a few months too depending on when you are going to be wanting to install it on your bike.

Sean

Sean, do u want to try my holeshot while u have it to re-coat? u can try it before you re-coat it?

This is gonna be such a wicked test! Can't wait to see the results. Are you testing the OEM exhaust too for comparison? I'd love to see all the torque and power curves..

I don't think it got baselined with the OEM system. Hopefully we can start posting resluts in the very near future. A few of the systems may even have some track testing results to pass on.

Sean

It would be a moot point. Cause you already know Sean, the bestest exhaust is the Kerker with the carbon you sold me :punk:. But if you want, I can send you the midpipe and the can to test. I'm down until the end of April.

Back