what is the best exhaust sys. for v max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sean, do you have your own dyno? Also, as I told you I plan to take a road trip down to you and have you install your jet kit for me. While I am down there if you want to take my Mark's 4 into 2 with 14 " cans off and test them you are welcome to.. If you are interested using mine for testing you can email me and we can discuss it

Ron

You need to come down to Topeka for the dyno day.

Not sure when it is but I am having surgery in June and will take about 8 weeks to recover so I don't think this year but I would love to make it sometime. I would feel better going to Sean's and paying him to do the work, that way I know it is top notch.

Theres something whicked about these vance and Hines three sided cans.

http://www.vhmotorsports.com/product_zoom/vmax-csone/csone.html

Or is it just the bike there on?
That's all well and good, but since they quit making Megaphones I can't get baffles anymore.
I had to weld some up out of Cobra stuff after the old ones were toast.
They sound great, but I want factory stuff for my gen 1 pipes.
are you listening Vance and Hines?!?!?!
Blah, I guess I'll have to buy a gen2 if I want to keep supporting V&H's board of directors.:confused2::biglaugh:

Theres something whicked about these vance and Hines three sided cans.

http://www.vhmotorsports.com/product_zoom/vmax-csone/csone.html

Or is it just the bike there on?

From the pictures Iv seen. The holeshot have the best finish. Can you get Marks in polished not brushed?

I bought a set from Mark last year that were polished. He charges extra for it. He was kind of hesitant to do it for some reason. He will not polish the pipes. Only the cans. I've seen both the holeshot and marks in person. I think the holeshot pipes look cleaner, more of a finished look to them. Marks look good but have more of an industrial, I mean business sort of look to them. But the marks sound better than holeshot by far IMO.

I bought a set from Mark last year that were polished. He charges extra for it. He was kind of hesitant to do it for some reason. He will not polish the pipes. Only the cans. I've seen both the holeshot and marks in person. I think the holeshot pipes look cleaner, more of a finished look to them. Marks look good but have more of an industrial, I mean business sort of look to them. But the marks sound better than holeshot by far IMO.

I agree 100% with Mab and I have had both sets on my bike... I have Marks now due to the price and the sound.

Chris

I have the SS and aluminum non-polished cans. I used mothers aluminum metal polish on the cans and they came out better looking than they did when i first bought them! It took about a hour for each of them by hand. I also used the same mothers to clean my SS pipes of some of the darkeness that was forming. It cleaned them up nicely as well, just not the original silvery SS color.

I have Marks 4 into 2 Stainless I might add I installed them wrong......lol but that is being fixed. I notice that the pipes do color and Mark said that is going to happen because they are not double walled. I was thinking of polishing my cans but I almost feel that the color in the pipes would look worse if the cans were almost chrome looking.

What do you guys think?

I like the brushed because in my past experience the polished are too fragile. The rough finish of the brushed always look like they do new unless you crash it but then in some cases sand paper can put it back to new!

Chris

Sorry...my selection was UFO Dragstar 4-2-1...beleve me...high quality product, great sound and talking about the performance it is out range.

Talkin with Dale a bit lately. He said he will have some new pictures soon. Im guessing he has a new design.

Sorry...my selection was UFO Dragstar 4-2-1...beleve me...high quality product, great sound and talking about the performance it is out range.
Welcome to Vmax forum, glad you found us all the way from S. America! Take a look around and you'll find anything to do with the Vmax. This is THE place for information on keeping your Vmax in top running form. :thumbs up: :thumbs up:
*BTW, how is the weather down there this time of year? Wait, don't tell me, I'm sure it's warmer than here!:bang head:

I don't know Prz, perhaps he can contact Jon to get it back into "range". Sorry Ricardo, just a little current news humor!:biglaugh:

+1 for Marks, performs nice and it sounds awesome too, I enjoy deceleration tone as much as I enjoy the acceleration tone ....

Yea i know ufo is unpopular at the moment, but I love my 4 to 2 Dragstar headers, they look good, sound really good,(LOUD LOUD LOUD) and they never change color, also a breaze to remove, and install when i'am working on the bike

Yea i know ufo is unpopular at the moment, but I love my 4 to 2 Dragstar headers, they look good, sound really good,(LOUD LOUD LOUD) and they never change color, also a breaze to remove, and install when i'am working on the bike
I also forgot to mention really good quality, perfect bends nice welds I'am really glad to own these pipes glad i never had problems with Jon, probably wouldn't deal with him now from all the bad customer service i've been hearing, but who knows he really does have some cool S#(* even if he copys others designs

I also forgot to mention really good quality, perfect bends nice welds I'am really glad to own these pipes glad i never had problems with Jon, probably wouldn't deal with him now from all the bad customer service i've been hearing, but who knows he really does have some cool S#(* even if he copys others designs

That's basically his SOP... He's a great guy to deal with UNLESS you have an issue. I had NO problems with him until he stuck me for 600 bucks. :biglaugh:

I must say that I can't stand his exhaust though. Just the overall volume of them. MUCH to loud. It'd get me a ticket here without question. (sound ordinance and all)

Chris

Thanks for the welcome ... this is the best forum I've seen on the internet. The weather here in the south is rain and rain. Excuse my ignorance on the subject ... so far I've had a good experience with UFO's products and after-sales relationship with Jon Cornel. Certainly if I had read this forum before would not have made any kind of insurance business with Jon ... I even delete your site from my computer ... but that's not the case ... I reiterate their products are good, ... that sounds very hard !!!.. can be ... but some people like it. Performance on the dynamometer is higher than some brands that have already been mentioned here ... I would not mention them. Finally, I've never talked to Jon, I do not know, I do not speak English and I had to delegate this to friends and google translator .... as in this case. Thanks again for the welcome and congratulate you for the excellent forum .... undoubtedly the best and most complete of the internet

Gracias por la bienvenida...este es el mejor foro que he visto en internet. El tiempo aqui por el sur es de lluvia y lluvia. Disculpen mi ignorancia sobre el tema...hasta ahora he tenido una buena experiencia con los productos de UFO y con el relacion postventa Jon Cornel. Ciertamente si hubiese leido este foro antes no habria realizado ningun tipo de negocios con Jon...seguro yo hasta borro su pagina de mi computadora...pero ese no es el caso...sus productos les reitero son buenos, ...que suenan muy duro!!!.. puede ser... pero algunas personas les gusta. Sobre el rendimiento en el dinamometro es superior al de algunas marcas que aqui ya se han mencionado... yo no las mencionare. Para finalizar, nunca he conversado con Jon, no lo conozco, yo no hablo ingles y he tenido que delegar esto a amigos y a google traductor.... como en este caso. Gracias nuevamente por la bienvenida y los felicito por el excelente foro.... sin duda el mejor y mas completo de la internet

Thanks for the welcome ... this is the best forum I've seen on the internet. The weather here in the south is rain and rain. Excuse my ignorance on the subject ... so far I've had a good experience with UFO's products and after-sales relationship with Jon Cornel. Certainly if I had read this forum before would not have made any kind of insurance business with Jon ... I even delete your site from my computer ... but that's not the case ... I reiterate their products are good, ... that sounds very hard !!!.. can be ... but some people like it. Performance on the dynamometer is higher than some brands that have already been mentioned here ... I would not mention them. Finally, I've never talked to Jon, I do not know, I do not speak English and I had to delegate this to friends and google translator .... as in this case. Thanks again for the welcome and congratulate you for the excellent forum .... undoubtedly the best and most complete of the internet
Glad that You like this place, for sure its a one of the best forums overall and the best v-max forum on the planet :)

The reason why Ufo system goes ahead(only couple %) from other systems is that UFO practicly does not run with muffler/silencer.
Its a almost open pipe.

Latest posts

Back