What is This and Where Does It Go

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie2ee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couldn't find a picture of this in the Service Manual.....................been 5 years and I don't remember taking this out.................where does this go...............thanks

PXL_20210412_234126712.jpg

PXL_20210412_234145053.jpg

Throw it away and forget you ever saw it. (cylinder head cover) The front one - like the one you have - also serves as a fan shroud of sorts. I don’t run them. Many folks here don’t either. That one there will be a royal pain in the butt to get back in in case you’re interested. Not worth it in my opinion. If it’s out leave it out.

It's the front cylinder cover. Debatable on it's worthiness though I usually go ahead and install them. The radiator will have to come loose if not off and it's still a challenge getting it to lay down in place but far from impossible.

I'm with Sean, I re-install 'em. It's a isolator for NVH and diverts any water.

For me, it's really just about aesthetics. They detract from what, without them, is a much cleaner, uncrowded appearance. Again in my opinion, but any <debatable> functional aspect is far outweighed by the cleaner look.

Yes. Functional necessity of the rear ones is far less compelling than for the front. In fact, I can't say that I see any use for the rear one at all..
Arguably, the front one serves as a fan shroud.

Looks like the rear is a heat shield. All the electronics under the seat.

Wasn't all that hard to install after I figured out where the tabs went and what the hooks on the frame were for......................I feel better with it installed................really appreciate all the comments, thanks again

Latest posts

Back