What is this component?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RadiumPHX

Reaction score
This looks to be some kind of terminator? signal flasher? resistor? capacitive fuse? controller? it has no markings, just a rubber coating. What is it?

Attachments

• IMG_20210811_044845.jpg
    IMG_20210811_044845.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 54
That's the diode unit. There are 3 diodes in there and are used in conjunction with the clutch switch, side stand switch, neutral switch, fuel sender/relay, brake switches, etc. There's also a resistor in there used for the oil level switch.

That's the diode unit. There are 3 diodes in there and are used in conjunction with the clutch switch, side stand switch, neutral switch, fuel sender/relay, brake switches, etc. There's also a resistor in there used for the oil level switch.
Thank you. I was hoping it was an OEM component and not some user mod gone bad

Even I recognise Rat Fink, only because he appears on this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210811-181604.jpg
    Screenshot_20210811-181604.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 10
Big Daddy was a Mormon, he didn't consume alcohol, and he inhaled a lot of aromatic hydrocarbons, I suspect, though I believe he also masked-up. Those critters had to come from somewhere.

Creatures and hobgoblins, succubus and fever-dream'ed beings whose very rumor of their appearance drive the strongest of men to dash-themselves on the clefts at the bases of the Mountains of Madness, whose crevasses conceal that which shall not be named, lest the mere mention of their being threaten mankind, and all the stars in the heavens. "I-yaaah! Shub-niggurath! The Goat of a Thousand Young!"
-Miskatonic University Oath of Silence

Could this be the reason I've never had a fuel test light? It comes on when I go to reserve, but never works with the oil light when I hit the starter.

Could this be the reason I've never had a fuel test light? It comes on when I go to reserve, but never works with the oil light when I hit the starter.
You have an '89 and the fuel light didn't turn on when the starter button was pushed in '85-'92 gen 1's. This was added with a change in the instrument cluster in '93.

Mark

You have an '89 and the fuel light didn't turn on when the starter button was pushed in '85-'92 gen 1's. This was added with a change in the instrument cluster in '93.

Mark
It's actually a 1985. Thanks! I didn't know that 😊

That's ok 😄 At least it works when I'm low on petrol. When I first got the bike the light didn't work at all. It's not fun pushing a 44 stone bike to a garage when you run out of petrol 😄
I hear ya! Sometimes I miss the simplicity of a regular petcock.

That's ok 😄 At least it works when I'm low on petrol. When I first got the bike the light didn't work at all. It's not fun pushing a 44 stone bike to a garage when you run out of petrol 😄
Been there and done that. How about driving one home with the clutch out. OHhhh dats fun tooo..:eek: 'Look dear, that crazy ole Far--t's running lights, stop signs and passing people on the right.'

Latest posts

Back