What is this part called

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

02GF74

Reaction score
It's the bracket that bolts to the handle bar backed and front indicators bolt on it.

Picture below. Screenshot_20210123-194143.jpg

thanks for that - reason why i'm asking is that I repainted mine in silver due to some corrosion but it bugs me that it no longer matches the rest, that being the riser and clamp for the bars.

i'm searching ebay for "front indicator bracket", which is basically it's purpose but there are next to zero, compared with quite a few of the riser/clamp. I would have thought if bikes are being broken, then there should be equal numbers of each.

i may need to investigate getting the whole lot either reannodised or powder coated but least effort is finding another bracket in good condition.

I might have one thats in good shape. I was going to powder coat it black chrome. if its good i will trade you.

a bit of rubbing down and a basic polishing kit should bring it up nicely, mine was a bit pitted but it polished up really nice, the aluminium is quite low quality and the finish does dull down a bit with time even if it doesn't get wet, I keep my aluminium parts at a half way point between mirror polished and satin polished so I don't feel I have to keep working so hard to keep the finish, solvol autosol (or similar) is enough to maintain it

I'd just powdercoat all the associated parts or anodize them, if you prefer. I powdercoated the triple trees, the crown, the handlebar clamp and they have held-up well.

All of my aluminum parts.are hand polished.
And very easy to maintain.
I use MOTHERS aluminum wheel polish.
There's more pride in polishing.Anyone can throw money at it.And buy shinny stuff. Jmo

Yep. Mother’s is the stuff.

My wife bought a nice old brass figurine at a thrift store. She was thrilled at what Mother’s did in about 15 minutes. But for a rough, corroded surface, there are many threads on this board and others about working through various grades of sandpaper to the point at which you polish.

I also get a lot of satisfaction out of polishing aluminum. I’ve said before, I think it presents a Luster that chrome cannot match...although I just put a chromed grab rail on my 86 after I had polished the original up! Only because I had one. Does that make me a hypocrite? :eek:

tribal1.jpg
I sanded and polished.my old 94 zx9.
Started with 80 grit.
Finished with ooo steel wool.
And a corn starch trick.I learned from some old hot rodders.

Latest posts

Back