What is this?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShawnD

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got the PCV with autotune on the bike. This device was in the Dynojet box along with a usb cable & O2 plug. Is it a stock part? I have plans to ditch the entire PCV/autotune setup when I get the Nash flash. Will I need this?

Attachments

• IMG_4715.jpg
    IMG_4715.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4716.jpg
    IMG_4716.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4717.jpg
    IMG_4717.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 25
Tim Nash tunes at Florida elevation. Anything higher will produce a rich condition, even with his flash. The Power Commander is great for getting a MAP to compensate/fine tune things, and get you better power and fuel mileage. I'd keep it. I am at 2400 feet, so took mine to a Dynojet tuning center after installing the Power Commander. They spent a few hours and a tank of gas getting the bike tuned. I upped my mileage and it pulls even better than with just the flash (and typical mods). I'd hang on to it, unless you are at sea level.

Definitely golden....this is the first thing I should have done to the bike. Yeah, post is a little dated. Wish there was more traffic about the gen 2 around here.

Hey man, off topic but I just noticed your halo lights in the scoops. Where'd you tie in the wiring? Getting ready to do this along with led front turn signals.

I just tied into the turn signal/driving light harness. My bottoms switch back to Amber for turn signal function. The tops need to be 80mm, but the space is 78mm, forcing you to grind on the Halo to make it fit. My son and I manufacture an ABS black plastic riser that elevatets the top halo a bit to keep from having to grind the halo. It works great and doesn't protrude out of the scoop. We sell these risers for $30 shipped in the US if you are interested.

Attachments

• 14717.jpeg
    14717.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 17
I plan on using the signals too. When I go to the led blinkers I won't be using the running light for them, that'll be for the halos. So you guys actually make those risers? I've got 80's on the way, knew it would require a bit of dremel work but I might hit you up for them. My son is helping me with work on a bracket for the turn signals...gotta love having a mechanical engineering student with one more semester to graduate.

IMG_20181029_135142.jpg That is so funny. My son is a mechanical engineer student with two semesters left. Yes we make them and they work awesome. My first halos would short out in the rain or when a juicy bug would hit it because grinding themIMG_20181029_135107.jpg IMG_20181029_155706.jpg IMG_20181029_145050.jpg IMG_20181029_135142.jpg IMG_20181029_145109.jpg exposed the conductive printed circuit board they were made on. This totally solved the issue.

Last edited:
Sorry... Couldn't get pics to rotate from my phone. The close up of the completed halo still needed the 3M takt trimmed a bit... Please excuse that.

You might try a hot glue gun to "weatherproof" the soldered connections. They look good, your lights. Guessing you have flexible cord that can be shaped into whatever configuration you wanted. Probably a lot of Gen 1 guys would like something like that for their scoops. Do you have yours wired to serve as turn signals? (Edit: I just read post # 9) I see that as being a use for the Gen 1 scoops/light cords.

here, fixed it for you. Interesting about our boys in an engineering program so I'm taking that as a sign. I'll take your rings. How do you want payment?
View attachment 68100
Just email me at [email protected]. I can get you the paypal info and my cell phone number, plus further instructions. Please don't use that email for paypal payment. I guess that is a sign...lol. My son is at Kansas State University. Has to take an extra semester because of one flub up by his adviser, so he is going to do a major/minor and go full time for an additional semester to get that done.

Last edited:
You might try a hot glue gun to "weatherproof" the soldered connections. They look good, your lights. Guessing you have flexible cord that can be shaped into whatever configuration you wanted. Probably a lot of Gen 1 guys would like something like that for their scoops. Do you have yours wired to serve as turn signals? (Edit: I just read post # 9) I see that as being a use for the Gen 1 scoops/light cords.
I do have them switched back to amber on the bottom for turn signals. They are 80mm and 70mm halos, not flexible cord. They do come with a nice harness, though! There is such a thing made to shape the LED strip into any format (like Gen1 would need. The only bad thing is that damn radiator hose notch on the right side of the gen 1 making it asymmetrical. I use a coat of silicone to coat the solder joints. I was talking about when the halos are ground down, they expose the double layer conductor on the printed circuit board. The hole in the gen 2 scoop is 78mm, so the 80mm halo has to be ground/dremelled down to fit that hole. With our risers, it gets them elevated enough to put them out further in the taper to where the scoop is 81mm and no grinding is required.

When I first installed them (and ground them down), I used clear flex seal to coat the halo to insulated those exposed plates in the circuit board. That only lasts so long. The risers are a permanent solution.

Latest posts

Back