What is your "old-fartness" level?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DreamV4, by any chance are you retired?

It’s safe to say, countless members on this forum, including myself, are not there yet.

I believe a stress free environment and lifestyle, is beneficial to one’s health in many ways.

Unfortunately, my chosen career is stressful to say the least and of course, stress is a contributing factor in one’s health.

Skinny? I guess that is relative, 6ft/212lbs, I range from 10 to 12 % body fat, blood work 6 mo ago came back good (cholesterol, LDL/HDL.. blah blah blah). I don't trust doctors that refuse to discuss lifestyle choices like diet or exercise but want to write scripts for statins/BP meds based on your age. I don't drink alcohol, don't eat sugar or processed foods what so ever, rarely eat meat (but sometimes). I take zero medications and have zero health issues. I'd say my greatest gift to my own health is that I just don't give a shit about a lot of "things", I live a stress free life and will remove people from my... circle? that introduce BS, drama or ignorance. My choices certainly are not for everyone but it works for me, I live in the mountains and rarely see more than 10 people in given week. I also have the luxury of incredible roads to ride right in my "back yard" and several bikes to choose from for my 2 wheel therapy :)

Which mountains ?

Blood pressure is #1 sign of your health condition, considering heart attack and stroke are most common death reason. I am 62.
Today:
View attachment 82680
I don’t have a pictures but I can tell you at 46 years old never any heart problems on 19 Oct. 2020 I lay in the ER dead as hammer or as close to that Casket you can be without being placed inside
298/141 Bp 303 HR. At that time nobody was aloud back there and I felt death coming down, so much so I called my kids, wife , mom they was all together. I’m a Christian live my life best I know how and haven’t ever truly spoke to Christ. True story I Spoke to God; it’s your Call Lord and I’m ready, but you see to it I watch my kids continue to Grow and Grow as young adult’s I will try my best to respect your Temple and spread your Wotd best I know how: The Doc came in 3 nurses was already in there hooking up the paddles; he Says Bud we have got to slow you down so I’m going to put you just under enough to relieve some stress, woke up few Few hours later Shocked, Stunned, Scared, Guilty, Humble, and Very Confused. Well sense then the ambulance has picked me up once went to ER my own about 4 times, had an angiogram done scar tissue burnt all they can say is it’s an affect of Covid still take heart meds. Pretty scary

there are only 4 factors of atherosclerosis (high blood pressure is just a sysmptom):
saturated fats from meat
high clycemic index carbs
body fat %%
resistance training.

RadiumPHX is superman, do what he does, if you want to live long.

Last edited:
I don’t have a pictures but I can tell you at 46 years old never any heart problems on 19 Oct. 2020 I lay in the ER dead as hammer or as close to that Casket you can be without being placed inside
298/141 Bp 303 HR. At that time nobody was aloud back there and I felt death coming down, so much so I called my kids, wife , mom they was all together. I’m a Christian live my life best I know how and haven’t ever truly spoke to Christ. True story I Spoke to God; it’s your Call Lord and I’m ready, but you see to it I watch my kids continue to Grow and Grow as young adult’s I will try my best to respect your Temple and spread your Wotd best I know how: The Doc came in 3 nurses was already in there hooking up the paddles; he Says Bud we have got to slow you down so I’m going to put you just under enough to relieve some stress, woke up few Few hours later Shocked, Stunned, Scared, Guilty, Humble, and Very Confused. Well sense then the ambulance has picked me up once went to ER my own about 4 times, had an angiogram done scar tissue burnt all they can say is it’s an affect of Covid still take heart meds. Pretty scary
I have good news for you and bad news.
Bad: heart attack and stroke are fault of a patient (95% nutrition and 5% exercises)
Good: you can avoid them and get your blood pressure to normal if you change your nutrition and start exercising.

I live near the Siskiyou summit in Oregon. What are the roads like in Georgia?

Roads are excellent for motorcycle riding in the Smokies and surrounding areas of N.C. and Tennessee. Home to Tail Of The Dragon too , but very crowded on the weekends. Many more great curvy roads in the surrounding area as well.

Back