What it feels like everytime reserve light comes on....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it hasn't left me stranded yet. almost though!

When I first bought my Vmax I wanted to know how far it would run on reserve, so I had my wife follow me with a gallon gas can. 27 miles is what I got not changing riding habits. So the instant the light comes on I know I have 25 miles to find a gas station.

Yes sir....I know when my light comes on I got about 20 miles give or take a few.
I've had to push to a gas station once....quit at 19miles, 2 up doing about 75...but I did coast for a while....wife was not happy.

... When the light comes on and there are NO gas stations on the big blue signs, on the Interstate, for 10, 15 miles... My pucker meter was on "full pucker". I pulled off of the interstate and looked-up the closest gas, on my phone. I made it, weaving thru an unfamiliar town, I'm sure on fumes. I usually don't even try to make it home from my office (less than 15 miles), if I try to push the miles and let the light come on

Before my low fuel light quit working, it would come on around 105 miles. So now this is how I gauge my fuel mileage; after filling up, I reset my trip meter to zero. At 30 miles, it’s about 3/4s of a tank. At 60 miles, 1/2. At 90 miles, 1/4 tank. At 100 miles, it’s time to start looking for a gas station. At 120 miles, I’m running on fumes. The farthest distance I have covered from a full tank was 130 miles. When I filled up right after, it took 4.1 gallons of gas.

Worst thing on the VMAX is the range. I love my 6 gal tank. Expensive and a PIA to install. Still do miles reset at gas stops. Since the float is kind of a hack adjustment. I just figure on 30 mpg , seems to work.

Worst thing on the VMAX is the range. I love my 6 gal tank. Expensive and a PIA to install. Still do miles reset at gas stops. Since the float is kind of a hack adjustment. I just figure on 30 mpg , seems to work.

6 gallon tank? Where did you get your tank? It would be nice if someone made a molded plastic tank....

It is the 24 ltr. I forget the company name. I can dig it up. They are in Germany. Got my Highway pegs and soft bag mounts from the same guys.

I'm in the process of packing up to move so everything that was once at my finger tips is lost in an abyss of boxes.

Latest posts

Back