What just happened to my sparkplug wire?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Legion

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I was changing my plugs the other day and am not sure what happened. I pulled the wire off of the right rear plug and went to push it up and out of the way so I could screw out the plug when the wire just fell out into my hands. I started to freak out, but just finished the job and pushed the end of the wire back into the coil. It turned over no problem and doesn't seem to be missing. Is this common or do I have a big problem to fix? :confused2:

Attachments

• IMG_3812.JPG
    IMG_3812.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3806.JPG
    IMG_3806.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3805-a.JPG
    IMG_3805-a.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 43
The coil wire is a push in style, but there is a plastic screw on piece that goes on the coil and inside it there's a thick rubber o'ring that fits over the coil wire to hold the coil wire in place - either the o'ring is missing or fits too loosely - unscrew the plastic cap and check it out.

Mike

+1 to Mike. Snip an 1/8 inch off the end of the wire and spray some contact cleaner in there to clean the post.

Thanks alot guys, I really appreciate it. I had no clue what had happened. I'm sure I'll pick your brains again. Take care.

Legion - you're quick with the camera in your posts - that's a big + in my book - BTW - what does your signature mean ?- I suck at latin - lol

Latest posts

Back