What mods are you planning for your new Max?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cameron

Reaction score
8.5J or 9.5J back wheel with corresponding rubber

Less restrictive baffles for std exhaust as I love the lines of the stock system

Aftermarket air fliter

Braided brake lines

Power Commander to junk the speed limiter BS

BRM style tailpiece pref in carbon

Aux fuel tank over faux tank/airbox

Carbon, carbon and more carbon :clapping:

maybe a supercharger after a year or so :punk:

Last edited:
Re: Wgat mods are you planning for your new Max?

Probably a seat belt, only it will keep me from sliding off the back of the bike once I hit the throttle hard!!!

I think I'm gonna start out with the carbon fiber and billet aluminum parts. Maybe after I get used to the bike, I'll try upping the power and getting rid of the limiter.

Carbon fiber body parts
Ignition limiter eliminator
SS clutch, brake/ throttle lines
Small windscreen (maybe a little larger than the factory unit b/c of bugs)
Exhaust system (mostly to get rid of the extrat weight the stock system looks like it carries. I like the way the stock looks but would be open to different designs.)

Exhaust, exhaust, exhaust!

Get rid of that cat asap!

Sheesh, I don't have one of these babies on order, but my list would look different.

1. 5-year warranty. (It is the first year of a whole new bike.)
2. Frame sliders/engine guards. You drop that thing, and you (and your insurance company) will cry.
3. Zumo 550. (I get lost easily...)
4. Exhaust...but I can't see throwing a titanium exhaust in the dumpster. Sounded pretty darned good in the videos I saw.
5. Windscreen...probably should have put this as #1.

I would only really do two things.

1. Add thier mini screen

2. Find out what the hell they did to de-tune the motor, then undo that bullshit.:punk:

The one little thing that grabs my attention every time I look at it is the damn turn signals. I can't say why but they just don't look right to me. Other than that I would most likely leave it stock for a few years then once we know how to undo the factory detuning go with that.

Well, the only way I'm going to get one is if someone delivers it to me by mistake. :worthy:

That being said, I don't care for the headlight too much but could live with it.

What I would do though:

Get the longest extended warranty available.
Something to knock down the bugs, windshield, small fairing, etc.
Engine case protectors as Jayhawk mentioned.
Increased power?....Nah, from what I've read about this thing, it won't really embarass me too much with the factory set-up.
Maybe waaay down the road some pipes, although I like the stock ones just fine.
That's about it.

Wait until someone else spends a ton of money modifying it, and then when it scares the shit out of them buy it for a song:biglaugh:

1st order of business find a replacement for that "wart" of a speedo.
2nd- New Pipes

Then i'd leave it alone for a while. At least until i could get on it without sharting all over myself!

Latest posts

Back