what next

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwkerr007

Supporting Member
Reaction score
looking for advice on next mod let me give you what I have so far but first let me say i'm looking to get more 1/8 mile time from it. NOW to the mods valves shim done dd clutch stage seven 3" stacks K&N pods motor frame braces 4-1 2.5 baffle you can roll into it at 25 5th gear she doesn't stall I can't get it to run any better with what's on it!! So the 10,000 dollar question is what to throw this new money I made flipping some trucks??????? I won't do the chain conv thats most of the reason I fell in love with max's so anything else I'm game! diff carbs , wheelie bar, wings , saturn 5 rocket ???? WHAT gets me the most for my money at this point??? thanx in advance

1. Big bore kit.
Or
2. Lose 20 lbs.
Or
3. Just keep practicing.
Or
4. Do all 3 and be really fast!

There are supercharger kits lurking around, been going back and fourth on one myself. I think Morley has some also. If you dont want to spend a cool billion then the 1300 block from an 86-93 Venture is one way to get a few extra CCs.

thanks for the replys I
1. Big bore kit.
Or
2. Lose 20 lbs.
Or
3. Just keep practicing.
Or
4. Do all 3 and be really fast!
I live 2 blocks from a perfect straight 3/4 mile dead end road with no driveways its an access road to a salt water damn so practice aint my prob I get to run Secretariat every day sometimes twice. as far as the 20 I already have gout so ive been on a diet for years ! and even though i wish i could I can't eat much healthier. So that leaves out the 20 I could do it naked but the nhra might look down at that Oh sorry I meant look down ON that (lol) So that just leaves the big boar kit ,for some reason I can't find any hp stats anywhere to figure the cost effectiveness of doing it. And maybe I gave the wrong impression about the bike it and me are doing everything that a vmax can do with these mods and I'm vvvvery happy with it I just had some extra casah and this is as far as I have went on this and my other max's. I'm looking for some hard stats on my next mod without loosing my dependability.Cause right now it runs like it was fuel inj hit the starter cold no spits after she is warm the throt is still crisp it has the nissan them and fan switch mods with the toyo coolant. So if anybody has the stats for bore kit please post them or a link thanx everybody

17" wheel and short diameter tire. 190/50-17 Shinko Shootout tire
thanks sean I'm already running 140/75 r15 mich. I worded my question wrong I was meaning what mods for hp gain cause I know you have done them forward and back so if anybody has stats it would be you !!!! So nitro,bore kit,v gas,or trans work, I can't seem to find any cold hard stats on hp increase.I know you can prob ball park it off the top!

1428/1500 in the 155-165 range depending on what headwork you do.
Trans will not give an increase unless you go chain
40 shot nitrous on a stock motor is max and even then that's pushing it
145-150 with stock motor and supercharger kit
170-up with Turbo/Supercharger and low comp pistons allowing more boost
1500/1570 can get 200 rwhp with all out head work, custom length rods, and flatslides
Find parts you can live without to lose weight on the bike. Every single tiny weight reduction adds up. Drilled bolts for the calipers (like from sportbikes), thin wall dowel pins for the covers, aluminum or titanium cover bolts, COP sticks to replace stock coils (weight reduction but no increase in power), Lithium battery, removal of the rear seat and use a thin fiberglass seat cover (or take out some foam to lighten it), lighter pegs, single rotor/caliper, race front fork set (or early 85-92 forks), 85/86 front wheel or aftermarket front wheel, removal of safeties and wiring, ect...

I installed nitrous injectors on stock intake runners. Need a little sealer and they work fine. Could even buy a spare set from Sean for the injectors, keep your stock ones untouched.
very good! Me likeee. you wouldn't happen to have any pics or specs for those would ya??

I've done them but welded locations up to have a thicker pad for better thread engagement. There are other places it can be installed as well.

Attachments

• IMG_20180819_121205.jpg
    IMG_20180819_121205.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Airbox NOS.jpg
    Airbox NOS.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 24
Could you weld an aluminum solid rod and then drill/tap it, or perhaps drill/tap 1st, then weld? I'm thinking that welding a solid rod might hold its shape better during the welding? VMax NOS.jpeg

I've done them but welded locations up to have a thicker pad for better thread engagement. There are other places it
I've done them but welded locations up to have a thicker pad for better thread engagement. There are other places it can be installed as well.

I'm using the air box stacks with cross hairs and micro screen so I could run the 175 dj jet and at three turns out it stays crisp after its warmed up. So since it doesn't have a way to shut off for a lean mixture does that mean I'll have to hook up an exhaust sensor? If I went with the pre carb set up in the pic?

If that air box set up works I could make that happen ! Have you personally seen or used that set up?? All I need is a yes from the man to that question and I'm on it!

Back