What thickness are gen 1 front calipers?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AMechEng

Reaction score
I think my calipers need to be replaced but i cant find any specs online. What thickness are new rotors and whats the minimum thickness. How about for the rear rotor? Thanks!

Might want to even consider one of our Hayabusa conversion kits!

I was looking at those brackets on your website. How much do you think an entire conversion would cost with used parts?

It depends on how lucky you can get with the used parts. I've seen calipers as cheap as $20 but that's not often like that and they may or may not be any good. The adapters are $60 with the bolts/nuts needed and coated up.

I do have good used rotors and calipers that I warranty to be good. Email me directly and i'll get you the options. We even have a sale going on our lines right now.

Sean

I think my calipers need to be replaced but i cant find any specs online. What thickness are new rotors and whats the minimum thickness. How about for the rear rotor? Thanks!

Min. thickness: 7 mm or 0.28" F & R
max. deflection/warpage: 0.15 mm or 0.006"
from the factory manual for 1985-1992 w/ventilated discs (thin slot around circumference of 282 mm disc)

Min. Thickness: 4.5 mm or 0.018"
Min. Deflection/warpage: 0.3 mm or 0.01"
1993-2007 models w/drilled 298 mm discs

Last edited:
Min. thickness: 7 mm or 0.28" F & R
max. deflection/warpage: 0.15 mm 0.006"
from the factory manual

Thats for early models with early forks. Bikes with later 43mm forks have 298mm rotors that are not ventilated like the early ones...

Back