Quantcast

What tires are you running on your Gen2?

Yamaha Star V-Max VMAX Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

jlw1911

Reaction score
I'm confident this has been asked time and time again but I'm curious to ask again.

Considering new tires out now, what are you running on your Gen2?

mattness

Reaction score
pretty sure we all run shinkos. The dual compund bridgestones dont wear evenly and get shaped like a W where you lean across the soft-hard-soft compounds and just feels like sht. The shinkos wear better and more evenly. It's really annoying replacing tires every 2500 miles.

I did 3 sets of BattleAxes and made sure i kept the tire pressure high as well but nothing saved them. just a sht tire.

Jerry Klay

Reaction score
Shinko. I'm at 50k mi and is all I have run since I got the bike with 2500 mi from the
PO. I ride it more like a sport bike then a cruiser. 😁

1badmax

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bought my 16 with 5500 miles a couple of months ago. It had BattleAxes which were not worn at all but I just could not get any grip with them. I have run Avon's on my Raider and really like them. Even though most everyone on here runs the Shinko Verge 011 because the grip. I wanted to try the Avon's first but they are pricier than the Shinks. So far so good on the Avon's but I really have not run them hard yet and that will be the real test. :cool:

Reaction score
I've had Avons and they work really well - the Cobra Chrome 240 and the Spirit ST 120. They are happy in the UK cool wet winter as well as the summer.

I've just fitted a Bridgestone Exedra Max 130 as I have the Otec Ali wheels and the rim is flared more than the stock steel one, so the extra tyre width fits better. Still scrubbing it in so I haven't had a chance to take it for a proper thrash yet.

Ukemax

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had three sets of Battleaxe's and finally put on the my 1st pair of Shinko's...

Feel way better, don't think I'll ho back.

Latest posts