What tires are you running on your Gen2?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
240/40 Metzeler ME888 on the rear, 120/70 x ZR18 Michelin 59W on the front.

Most dealers and online are out. Fortunately I bought a Shinko rear about six months ago because my Avon is going to be out a tread in the next few months.

I emailed with the Shinko rep the last time there was a shortage. He was very responsive.. Tires were in the channel a week or 2 later as he said.

Cheap
Durable
Grip

Choose 2

I have the Shinko on my bike, but no Twists and Turns so far. Will do Devils Highway in September / October when it is a BIT cooler.

Front Tire: 120/70 ZR18 Michelin (59W)
Rear Tire: 240/40 VR18 TL Metzeler ME888 Marathon Ultra (79V)

I bought my 16 with BT 28's with 5500 miles last year. I was not able to get any grip at all and they had plenty of tread. Not even close to needing tires however changed them out and put Avon's on which I am very pleased with other than I only weigh 160 and have trouble getting bite going straight. In turns they handle very well. I have a Shinko Verge 011 ready to put on when the Avon wear's out.

I put a new set of Shinko's on my '17, the back is fantastic and hooks up great on launch once heated up...the front was crap. The tire bounced all over the place, even put beads in and it didn't help. I went back with a Battlax on the front and have zero issues.

Simply put...I got a bad tire and didn't want to take another chance on one...

I put a new set of Shinko's on my '17, the back is fantastic and hooks up great on launch once heated up...the front was crap. The tire bounced all over the place, even put beads in and it didn't help. I went back with a Battlax on the front and have zero issues.

I've had some issues with the Shinko front.
- Tough to balance (lots of weights)
- Not perfectly round. My current tire is out a bit. Had one that was out of round 1/4" maybe a bit more.
Others have been perfect. No idea why this problem exists.

i am running with the 240 michelin on the back but i am going to change it cause it rubs on the shaft swingarm just a hair....

Back