What tires do you run? (poll)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What tires do you run on your Max?

• Avon

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Bridgestone

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Cheng Shin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Continental

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Dunlop

Votes: 17 27.0%
  • Metzler

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Michelin

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Pirelli

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Shinko

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • Other - (Please Specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I currently run Bridgestone Exedras because that's what the PO put on, but they are pretty worn out - I'm thinking of Dunlop Qualifiers next go 'round, but I'm not sure yet. I like the raised white letters. I hear Sean has some way cool whitewalls for sale... :biglaugh:

I voted Shinko just because I have installed one to replace my rear Bridgestone. I'm going try a Shinko on the front before this season is over b/c Bridgestone is wearing a little weird.
I had Dunlops on it before the Bridgestones. I changed to 'stones b/c I didn't like the raised white letters :confused2: and they had some cracks in the tread area. I got around 5k miles with rear Bridgestone.

I ran the ME880 on the back of Mr. Max. Depending on riding style (if you go to the track or race on the street) the Shinko will be light years better than the Metzler as far as stickyness.

I have tried all but the "Other", Shinko, and Cheng Shin on the Vmax. Include the Shinko if you count other bikes. No huge dislikes on any of them. The Metzler seems to wear the longest. The Shinko for the other bikes seems to be the stickiest. I used to swear by the Dunlop K591 until they quit making them.

My personal best front was a bridgestone Battleaxe which I don't know if they make anymore.

Sean

Right now I have worn & cupped ME880's but the Shinko's I ordered were shipped yesterday.
So I voted Shinko.

Worn and cupped on front, back, or both, and after how many miles? Just read another review on another board about cupping on the front at 6k...

I have 6.8k miles on factory original Bridgestones.... Rear is getting a little 'thin' but nowhere near unsafe yet.... So I 'voted' Bridgestone...

But...I have a brand new pair of Shinkos, ready to go....and they will be the next set.... They look like a pretty well made tire....if they just keep my ass up off the pavement, I'm a happy guy!

Philthy

Front - Dunlop D205 110/80-18
Rear - Dunlop D220 170/60-18

Well, I needed to get some tires on the way. I forked out some hefty cash for a set of ME880s. Heard some things about some of them being mfd' in Brazil or something like that and that those ones would blow out the sidewalls.... Otherwise, I've heard mostly rave reviews about them. I'll be sure and check the codes on the tire. Will also post back about how they work. I can compare them to IRC and Dunlop Elite II tires. Ran the Dunlops on all of my XS11s and they were a great tire. My IRC tires really suck. Hope the ME880s will be an improvement over both.

My bike came with a pair of worn Dunlop Qualifiers, and I didn't like them at all, even if the raised white lettering looks good to me on the Max. I think them being worn was not helping much, but the center groove design prolly has a lot to do with how they behave here on mostly concrete roads in FL. Not nice.. :confused2:

A pair of Shinko tires are on their way from :worthy: BikeBandit (for less than $150 for both tires all inc) so that's where my vote goes, and I'll be reporting on how they feel, behave and last once I've been flying on them for a while :eusa_dance:

Worn and cupped on front, back, or both, and after how many miles? Just read another review on another board about cupping on the front at 6k...

Same mileage, 6K. I had to break down the front to fix a slo leak (well, had the bike shop do it) they mounted the tire backwards and effe'd up the balance so that explains the wear & cupping with the front. The back is just showing normal 6K wear, prolly good for another couple K's, but I'm gonna change it to Shinko with the front.
I'm funny like that. :biglaugh:

Burger King wears Dunlop Qualifiers, not that anyone gives a rat's a$$.

I ran those a few years ago before the ME880's Kind of squirrely in the corners but very stick. Very easy to get front end off. Now I just lay black strip. lol

Back