What VMax enthusiast in the midwest wants to make money?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HDKILA

Reaction score
Gang,

For those who have followed my posts I am at my breaking point with my vmax. I have tried everything to get rid of this high rpm miss to no avail. I don't consider myself to be a bad mechanic but at this point I give up on the son of a bitch. If anyone is interested in giving this bike a shot I would be happy to pay you. I would also gladly deliver it to you which is why I am looking for someone close to me in the illinois area.

I would not only like this high rpm miss cured but I am looking to get several other things fixed as well including:

1. Valves need adjustment

2. Steering head bearing (or whatever it takes to stop my shake at 45mph)

3. Go through the electrical system on the bike and ensure everything is decent

My plan would be to get the bike out to you in the next few weeks and let you go at it for a month or two until complete and then once complete I would come pick her up.

If anyone of you true vmax enthusiasts are interested let me know through this post and please post a ballpark price as well.

And just so all of you know I already asked the master himself Mark but he does not have the space to deal with the monster at this point.

Thanks,
Abe:bang head:

Gang,

For those who have followed my posts I am at my breaking point with my vmax. I have tried everything to get rid of this high rpm miss to no avail. I don't consider myself to be a bad mechanic but at this point I give up on the son of a bitch. If anyone is interested in giving this bike a shot I would be happy to pay you. I would also gladly deliver it to you which is why I am looking for someone close to me in the illinois area.

I would not only like this high rpm miss cured but I am looking to get several other things fixed as well including:

1. Valves need adjustment

2. Steering head bearing (or whatever it takes to stop my shake at 45mph)

3. Go through the electrical system on the bike and ensure everything is decent

My plan would be to get the bike out to you in the next few weeks and let you go at it for a month or two until complete and then once complete I would come pick her up.

If anyone of you true vmax enthusiasts are interested let me know through this post and please post a ballpark price as well.

And just so all of you know I already asked the master himself Mark but he does not have the space to deal with the monster at this point.

Thanks,
Abe:bang head:

Bring it on down... I work for beer. I've got a heated garage and a storage garage in the back we can store it (if I need to get it out of the way). I've never adjusted valves while the engine is in the bike, but we could always take it out if needed. I would prefer if you were here while WE worked on it. The steering problem should be an easy fix, the valves should be fairly straight-forward to do, the electrical may take a little time. By the way, as I was going through my electrical stuff on the drag bike, I saw how to test the vacuume pressure sensor, you put 12v to it and should get a 2v output.. maybe your advance isn't working right? You could always come down for a weekend and work on it, if we don't get everything done, we could have another project weekend. Maybe others would want to come over as well to lend a helping hand. I live in Washington, IA and would probably be about 4 hrs from you. Give me a ring if you want to talk about it, and I may have a few other ideas for you to try.

Jeff
319-461-8969

now you did it... I've got your phone number!!! Get ready for some 3AM hang up calls buddy ;). Now you'll never get any sleep.

now you did it... I've got your phone number!!! Get ready for some 3AM hang up calls buddy ;). Now you'll never get any sleep.

Bring it.... I wake up at 5 or 6am and that is 4 or 5 your time... !!!:biglaugh:

Bring it to Jeffs and I will come down to his place and help too. You know... Make sure he tightens shit up and what not... :biglaugh:

It can't be anything major IMO. But we can have some fun fixing it maybe.

Chris

Jeff,

I truly appreciate your offer but I do not have any time to work on this bike hardly here than I would there. How would you feel about me dropping it off and waiting until you and 4gasm get er done?

Thanks,
Abe

I feel bad Abe, I need a bigger garage.

Jeff/Chris can get it fixed up in no time at all.

HDKILA , I CAN RELATE TO YOUR FRUSTRATION ! MY BIKE WAS NEW & RAN LIKE SHIT & HAD TO BE FLAT BEDDED BACK TO THE STEALER FOR CARB REPAIRS & EVEN AFTER THAT IT RAN LIKE SHIT FOR 3,000 MORE MILES ! I WAS READY TO BUY NEW STAGE 7 CARBS & A PIPE WHEN IT STILL ONLY HAD 500 MILES ON IT , BUT I DIDN'T HAVE AN EXTRA $3,000.00 LYING AROUND ! I EVEN CONTEMPLATED TRADING IT IN ! MAN I WAS PISSED ! SOMETIMES IT RAN "OK" OTHER TIME NOT , BUT AT 3,000 MILES SEA FOAM FINALLY FIXED IT ! THANK GOD & ITS RUN GREAT FOR THE LAST 1,600 MILES ! I HOPE I'M NOT JINXING MYSELF :rofl_200:HANG IN THERE ! YOU'LL GET IT FIXED & THEN YOU'LL LOVE IT EVEN MORE !:punk:

HDKILA , I CAN RELATE TO YOUR FRUSTRATION ! MY BIKE WAS NEW & RAN LIKE SHIT & HAD TO BE FLAT BEDDED BACK TO THE STEALER FOR CARB REPAIRS & EVEN AFTER THAT IT RAN LIKE SHIT FOR 3,000 MORE MILES ! I WAS READY TO BUY NEW STAGE 7 CARBS & A PIPE WHEN IT STILL ONLY HAD 500 MILES ON IT , BUT I DIDN'T HAVE AN EXTRA $3,000.00 LYING AROUND ! I EVEN CONTEMPLATED TRADING IT IN ! MAN I WAS PISSED ! SOMETIMES IT RAN "OK" OTHER TIME NOT , BUT AT 3,000 MILES SEA FOAM FINALLY FIXED IT ! THANK GOD & ITS RUN GREAT FOR THE LAST 1,600 MILES ! I HOPE I'M NOT JINXING MYSELF :rofl_200:HANG IN THERE ! YOU'LL GET IT FIXED & THEN YOU'LL LOVE IT EVEN MORE !:punk:

It's all good. I love the bike but would love er more if she ran like the raped bull she is. I have put about 30 gallons of seafoam in at this point...still no dice.

Abe,
It really shouldn't be a problem to leave it here for a while. Like I said, I have a second garage if I need the room. I'm by no means an expert on VMaxes or an expert mechanic, but I'm willing to take a crack at it. Plus I have a few spare parts laying around or we can take stuff off my drag bike or even my 02 and see if certain components are working. You don't need to be around to work on it, I was just offering up a place to stay if you wanted to come down for a weekend and see what we can get accompolished. Give me a ring and we can make some plans. As Chris said, I will need to clean the place up a bit, but I'm sure we can make room! Let me know.
Jeff

Abe,
It really shouldn't be a problem to leave it here for a while. Like I said, I have a second garage if I need the room. I'm by no means an expert on VMaxes or an expert mechanic, but I'm willing to take a crack at it. Plus I have a few spare parts laying around or we can take stuff off my drag bike or even my 02 and see if certain components are working. You don't need to be around to work on it, I was just offering up a place to stay if you wanted to come down for a weekend and see what we can get accompolished. Give me a ring and we can make some plans. As Chris said, I will need to clean the place up a bit, but I'm sure we can make room! Let me know.
Jeff

Thanks! It looks like your around 200 miles from me. What will work for you in terms of dropping the bike off during the next few weeks? Also, what type of ballpark figure can you throw at me for price?

Thanks,
Abe

I can almost be certain that Jeff is going to be closer then I am. Jeff, first thing I would do is take your 02 carbs off and try them on his bike to see if that cures the problem.

Sean

Thanks! It looks like your around 200 miles from me. What will work for you in terms of dropping the bike off during the next few weeks? Also, what type of ballpark figure can you throw at me for price?

Thanks,
Abe

I work from home, but I work for a company in Peoria, IL and I am there fairly often, so maybe we can set up a time to meet in P-town and I can take the bike home from there. It would cut your driving time almost in half. I'm pretty much available whenever, so let me know what works best for you and we can go from there. And as far as a price, I'm not planning on charging you anything other than maybe a few beers:clapping:. (and you will pay for your own parts. I do have a deal going with our local dealership (I get parts at 20% over their cost, so that usually comes to a 30% to 40% discount. Have you ordered any parts yet?
Jeff

I work from home, but I work for a company in Peoria, IL and I am there fairly often, so maybe we can set up a time to meet in P-town and I can take the bike home from there. It would cut your driving time almost in half. I'm pretty much available whenever, so let me know what works best for you and we can go from there. And as far as a price, I'm not planning on charging you anything other than maybe a few beers:clapping:. (and you will pay for your own parts. I do have a deal going with our local dealership (I get parts at 20% over their cost, so that usually comes to a 30% to 40% discount. Have you ordered any parts yet?
Jeff

Jeff,

Your offer is far too generous brother. I have not ordered any additional parts as of yet. I know I will need valve shims and valve gaskets. If my steering head bearing is bad I will need that as well. Whatever parts I need I would definetly be interested in getting through your discount. Peoria is definetly closer and I can meet sometime early next week if you are around or on the weekend. I own my own business so I am flexible as well. I plan on bringing the bike in my E-350 panel van...if you need me to provide any straps or anything let me know.

Thanks again. I truly look forward to unleashing this beast!

Abe

It might be going home with Morley's Muscle Carb Kit and some nitrous.... maybe even a turbo if it stays long enough:biglaugh:. PM me your phone number, though I may have your business card around here somewhere or give me a call. I can order parts and and all of that, if you want, I'll just keep track of your orders and we'll work it out. We'll have to talk with Morley and see if we can use his shim kit and see what he will charge us for that. As far as the steering brearings, we can look and see what yours look like, but we can get new ones fairly cheap too. There is a good chance I'll be in Peoria in the middle of this week so let me know when would be a good time. I will just plan on bringing my small trailer down and I should have straps and everything I need.
Jeff

It might be going home with Morley's Muscle Carb Kit and some nitrous.... maybe even a turbo if it stays long enough:biglaugh:. PM me your phone number, though I may have your business card around here somewhere or give me a call. I can order parts and and all of that, if you want, I'll just keep track of your orders and we'll work it out. We'll have to talk with Morley and see if we can use his shim kit and see what he will charge us for that. As far as the steering brearings, we can look and see what yours look like, but we can get new ones fairly cheap too. There is a good chance I'll be in Peoria in the middle of this week so let me know when would be a good time. I will just plan on bringing my small trailer down and I should have straps and everything I need.
Jeff

I will PM my number again. Will this wed work for you in the AM?

Abe

Bring it to Jeffs and I will come down to his place and help too. You know... Make sure he tightens shit up and what not... :biglaugh:

It can't be anything major IMO. But we can have some fun fixing it maybe.

Chris

Theres nothing like boosting down the road at 100 clicks and the front wheel comes off :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Jeff,

Your offer is far too generous brother. I have not ordered any additional parts as of yet. I know I will need valve shims and valve gaskets. If my steering head bearing is bad I will need that as well. Whatever parts I need I would definetly be interested in getting through your discount. Peoria is definetly closer and I can meet sometime early next week if you are around or on the weekend. I own my own business so I am flexible as well. I plan on bringing the bike in my E-350 panel van...if you need me to provide any straps or anything let me know.

Thanks again. I truly look forward to unleashing this beast!

Abe

And some people bag this website , keep up the good work guys:clapping::clapping:

Wish I lived closer to IA, I'd be there just for the good time:eusa_dance:
Hell of a guy Jeff.:worthy:

Latest posts

Back