What would happen if ....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfish

Reaction score
.....take the air out of your stock fork? Could you ride your bike that way, is it safe ,is there a difference at all? Thanx

i bet i didn't have any for a long time. us with progressives don't run any at all.

mine lost all of the air in it... i refilled it and made a huge difference in handling. Doesn't dive as hard and more responsive in corners. i plan on getting the progressive springs from sean next month and redo the fork.

I am interested in this question as well. I am going back together with my forks all stock only pluging my air holes and doing away with the factory patch job lol. Plan to upgrade to an R1 setup or something along that line this winter anyways:eusa_dance:

Hey Dan-O how often you chg your fork oil? just curious, i know in the dirt bikes or enduro's we pretty much do it every season. The max still seems to be going good since my last rebuild.

Air is nothing but a band-aid to a bad setup IMO. It was an 80's hit!

Put some Race-Tech or Progressive springs in it and call it done!

I wouldn't run without it, but having a bike with Race-Techs, I wouldn't run one with stock springs either.

Latest posts

Back