What year will the "new" VMax appear?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When will the "new" VMax appear?

Votes: 19 14.2%

Votes: 54 40.3%

Votes: 36 26.9%
  • NEVER!

Votes: 25 18.7%

• Total voters
VMOA is not a cult. Are there assholes? Yep. They'd be assholes even if they weren't in the VMOA. I'm staying in. I love the discounts, events, friends, rides, etc... If the VMOA wasn't around, activities that would be available would be like the vmaxoutlaw scene......nothing. Our local area has something going on almost every weekend. Most are now my good friends....some aren't even in the VMOA. It's not a requirement to be in a club to go riding. The purpose of the club is to make it easier to help each other, communicate, technicate (new word). Clintard...I chat with you online quite a bit...do I seem like a member of a cult?

maleko89 said:
VMOA is not a cult. Are there assholes? Yep. They'd be assholes even if they weren't in the VMOA. I'm staying in. I love the discounts, events, friends, rides, etc... If the VMOA wasn't around, activities that would be available would be like the vmaxoutlaw scene......nothing. Our local area has something going on almost every weekend. Most are now my good friends....some aren't even in the VMOA. It's not a requirement to be in a club to go riding. The purpose of the club is to make it easier to help each other, communicate, technicate (new word). Clintard...I chat with you online quite a bit...do I seem like a member of a cult?
Good for you Mark. I'd rather give my money to this forum where ass kissing is not needed to be a member in good standing, AND where all are equal. There is way too much vu du (that is how it should be spelled) amongst the people that are supposed to be in the know and most of the sheep follow their lead. You can't have an open intelligent discussion without being called names. Not a cult? What do you call it then when a few have complete control of the membership. Try to introduce any kind of a change for the good of the membership and see where you stand. Remember David Koresh (sp), those people also looked up to him for guidance and protection where no one was allowed to have an opinion except him. You're right, there are many good guys in the VMOA following blindly what those in power preach and who claim to know it all. If an organization doesn't exist on the brain power of ALL it's members, it's a cult. Most are afraid to speak up for fear they will be tore to pieces by the alfa male, with a few of his buddies sniffing his -ss. Just my :twocents: worth.

Oh by the way, the new Max is just around the corner so save your pennies, y'all. :eek:hyeah00:

I dont know how this turned into a VMOA discussion. But I myself am not totally satisfied witht he VMOA. You dont get back enough, IMO, for what you pay. They should at least have a functioning website like this one.

I know one local rider who was up in Aug and he didnt renew, and I wont when my membership is up in January. Id rather give me money to the AMA who I think he help me out more. Plus I get a monthly magazine too!

A new website is being written. The initial "look" is being reviewed, it should be pretty cool.

I meant a forum. Not a site for them to sell goods, and have a membership directory.

If they are making that then kudos to them

maleko89 said:
I made a request for there to be a forum. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to or not, but here's the template.

http://www.frostbytemedia.com/vmoa/template.html
Mark, why do you suppose this forum was formed in the first place? There were some very heated discussions about this very thing and many voiced their opinions. I and Firefly had a lot to say about the way the organization is being run and so did many others. They told me that if I didn't like it the way it was, I could form my own and leave. So I left and good riddance. It will be a cold day in hell before they get any more of my dues for THEIR barbeque's. Also you have to dig up your own group somehow and plan everything yourself. Why is this then a so called world wide club and why are we paying membership dues when they do absolutely nothing for their members with a few exceptions. Those that live in NE Ohio are getting fat on my dues. I live in Cincinnati, Ohio and my regional director is somewhere in Columbus. Have not heard one peep out of him. What does a director do anyway? He's not directing anything, organizing no gettogethers, bothers not with the members in his territory. Titles don't mean squat if those that have them don't take the bull by the horns and perform their duties. This crap about everybody is their own organizer sucks big time for an outfit that wants your money and then you can go to heil.

They promised to look into a forum for the membership. They also had this trip around the country planned for all to participate in and carry a banner. Big WILL DO'S and no action. For those that can't see the scam in their set-up, good for you and well wishes from the many that have left that outfit.

Mike, your director is in Michigan. How do you propose he organize a ride down in your area? Shit, I have several states and there's no way I can make time to organize everything. We're V-O-L-U-N-T-E-E-R-S. Have you talked to Damon, your director? Is he the one who tells you to shove off?

My duties as a director are to find new members, chapter reps for every state and major metropolitan areas. I always have extra Vboost magazines with me. If I see a Vmax, I try to stop them or put the magazine on the bike. I organize rides and events. I look for new vendors. I take complaints and recommendations on up the chain. You got to remember, the pres/vice pres have jobs and are volunteers. They do the best they can.

The club isn't for everyone. I love it, make new friends everyday. Actually made a new friend from New York and we talked about jet kits. I don't know how else I could do that. $25 for a club is cheap. Magazines, discounts. I saved more than my dues 3 weeks ago when I bought new intake boots.

No club is perfect. It would be boring if it was. Join a different club, you'll pay more and get less. No magazine, no discounts. IMHO as always.....

Mark, I've answered you several times but each time thought it didn't matter anyway.......but it does. I realize that all the officers are volunteers and that you look for chapter leaders for every major metropolitan area. I tried to volunteer and get the 15 or so members in my area active and participate in some sort of camaraderie, rides and the feeling they belong to the VMOA. I was told there is a chapter leader in Columbus, Ohio, by the name of Ed and Wendy Ball. Now Cincinnati is a bigger city than Columbus and have talked to several maxers here and the Ball's have NEVER contacted anyone or care if there are members in their area NOT included in any activities. It's the "groupie" thing and chapter leaders should make a little effort to include ALL in their area. If they can't handle that, then they should quit and let somebody else put some effort into it or have another chapter leader take care of things in another city. Paul and Tyler were death against ANY changes and don't want anybody to rock THEIR boat. And those that really believe that Tyler pays for both lists out his own pocket, should ask themselves WHY? It's all about control and for a guy that's on the financial edge, I'm not buying it.

There are two more lists at Yahoo having to do with the Max and they are FREE with no membership fees and also have discounts. If the VMOA was such a great organization and included ALL it's members in the goings on, you wouldn't have to seek new members and contributors for $25, word would get around and current members would stay instead of dropping out with a bad experience. Hey, if it works for you, that's great but there are many tired of the bull.

Mrmaxx said:
What year will the "new" VMax appear?
:hijacked: :eek:ff topic sign: :bullshit:

More VMOA BS and bitching about $25 give it a brake already.

I thought we were discusing : What year will the "new" VMax appears:bullshit: :stir pot: :nono0000: ?
Most of the BS is over at Yahoo. Like you, most don't realize it's not about the crummy $25. As long as my dues are paid up, I'm making it my right to say what I feel. Once I'm no longer a member, I won't give a sh-t. If it bothers you that someone has an opinion different from you, stay on the other side of the track.

Looks like all they are trying to figure out is seating and headlight.

Mirrors will more than likely come off the clutch and brake reseviors like every other Yamaha cruiser. And indicators will probably be mounted the same.

Interesting looking dash on it too.

Attachments

• dtu-vmsp-ro-to-04.jpg
    dtu-vmsp-ro-to-04.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 44
  • stu-vmaxp-ro-to-03.jpg
    stu-vmaxp-ro-to-03.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 49
  • stu-vmaxp-ro-to-10.jpg
    stu-vmaxp-ro-to-10.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 62
Probably hit the US streets by late 2008 to early 2009. :confused2:

In the UK it is strongly believed to be late 2007, I have had my 98 max since new and look forward to getting the new Max if all reports on it are true, bring it on.

uhmmmm...................

they are making a new V-MAX?

:biglaugh:

ratman, you're not buying into that supposedly "dreaded O ring problem", are you? A bunch of dummies are running around and yelling "the sky is falling, the sky is falling" and yet can't produce any actual evidence that the so called "misplaced O ring" has ever caused a problem. If it was a problem, don't you think that the factory would have changed it in the last 21 years? Just more smoke from the so called "techies" that also did the furbur fix. LOL What a joke!!!
I'm new so I not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I installed a brass washer in place of the rubber washer, torqued it to about 8-9 lbs(not 2.2lbs it shows in manual). I had to mess with it more than I would have liked, but I no longer have the shake at high speeds or in corners. Wondering why the low opinion of this upgrade.

Latest posts

Back